No coincidence

"Aright this is gonna sting Tate, just sit still" Will grabbed an antiseptic wipe from the medical draw in treatment room 2. Tate nodded slowly and let will clean up her cuts and grazes, she even had to have three stitches on her forehead. Jay reappeared in front of the two just as Will finished up, all of the blood was wiped from her face and all that was visible were the bruises and cuts, jay frowned at the sight. "Voights working on it, as of tomorrow it's our case so we should solve it soon" he smiled at the pair. Tate looked at him sadly and nodded, "well we're done here so we can go home" Will helped her off the bed. She winced in pain as her feet made contact with the floor.

The trio made their way home, Tate went in wills car and jay met them back at the house. It was fairly late in the evening, around 7pm. They decided it would be nice to take tates mind off what happened so they ordered pizza and watched a film. Tate rested against her brothers carefully since putting her body in a laying down position kind of hurt her back. "Guess what..." she spoke out for the first time in two hours. Jay looked at Will at her finally speaking to them, "what?" He smiled. Tate let out a small laugh, "I got all A's..." she smiled at the pair. The brothers smiled back, "I told you that you'd have nothing to worry about" jay gave her a gentle hug. Will smiled and gave her a gentle hug too before they finished off watching the film.

They watched two more films in the series of three hours and it was now around 11pm, Tate was yawning but jay could tell she was avoiding sleep, "how about me and will sleep in your room tonight?" He smiled. Tate raised her eyebrows, "the beds not that big jeez" she smiled slightly. Will laughed, "we'll use sleeping bags" he looked at her. Tate smiled and nodded, the truth was she was too scared to close her eyes in case she relived the beat down. The trio wandered off to tates room and she climbed into bed while the brothers took to the floor, she was asleep until around 3am when she woke up screaming. Jay jumped up and pulled her into a hug since he knew how to deal with these kind of things, "it's okay, we're here" he shushed her down as she let out a few cries. Will stood up to make sure she was okay and gave her a hug before they all went back to sleep.

"Are you sure you wanna go to school?" Jay raised his eyebrows at Tate. She nodded, "mmhmm" she smiled and put her shoes on, she looked in the mirror at the bruises on her arms and face, "I don't have to cover these up do i?" She looked at him in sadness. Jay smiled, "not at all, none of this is your fault" he shook his head. Tate nodded and smiled, she didn't wanna have to wear makeup since she didn't need it in the first place, her skin was naturally clear.

"I'll be here to pick you up at 3" jay smiled as she got out of his car. Tate nodded, "alright, bye" she waved him off. He smiled and drove away to go to work. Tate walked into school with her friends, she received some funny stares and she tried to ignore them but everyone was staring at her. She felt like crying but she knew she needed to be strong since school was for learning not being a fashion model.

Will was at work, he was in the lab studying the new sickness bug and giving the biologists the latest stats. He was left alone to supervise the micro-biology trial while the scientists went and got some food since they had been working tirelessly, it was around 1pm and it was silent, that was until someone came into the lab. "Looks like vaccine A is working..." he spoke out thinking it was one of his colleagues, he turned around when there was no reply to be greeted with a blow to the head. He stared up at a tall muscular man with blonde hair and blue eyes, "ahhh, curly hair. Just like you sister" the man laughed as Will struggled to keep his eyes open from the hit. He realised this was the same man who beat Tate and he wanted to fight back but his head was pounding. The man ran out and left Will alone.

A scientist finally came back in to be greeted by Will attempting to get off the floor, "woah, dr Halstead are you okay?" She helped him up. "God what happened to you?" She frowned at the blood on his head. Will gained full eyesight back, "someone glocked me over the head, I gotta go call my brother" he sighed. The scientist nodded, "come right back though, we need that cleaned up" she nodded. Will smiled weakly then left to go get his phone, gaining a few concerning stares on the way. He grabbed his phone from the ED break room and called jays number.
Jay: "Will?"
Will: "it's the guy, he's been at med. He clocked me over the head with something, mentioned tates curly hair"
Jay: "I'm on my way"
Will: "this is no coincidence Jay, somethings off"
Jay: "yeah I know, we're working on it now"

"Sarge it's Will, the suspect attacked him at med. We gotta go" jay shouted into Hanks office. His boss came strolling out with his phone and gun, "let's go" he confirmed and followed jay out of the bullpen. When they arrived at med they walked up to the lab floor to find Will being treated by a nurse, "he used that" Will sighed and pointed to a microscope on the floor and it sat raggedly on the floor covered in blood, wills blood. Jay sighed, "he's after me, it must be someone from a past case. We gotta look into it, every case where I might've gained an enemy, everything" he sighed and looked to his boss. Hank nodded, "let's do it" he nodded and patted wills arm before they left to go crack it.