Mark of Mastery Exam

Hey! Sorry it took so long but we're starting canon now

Enjoy!

"Today's the day~today's the day~!" Rain hummed as has skipped through the halls of the castle.

Finally after months of training and preparation Terra and Aqua would take the Mark of Mastery today.

Much to the excitement of Ven and Rain they were also allowed to watch as the two oldest were tested.

"Aqua! Terra!" Rain ran forward and wrapped her arms around her sister.

"Good luck!" She smiled squeezing tighter.

"Hey what about me?" Terra crouched down.

Rain giggled before giving the brunette a hug.

~ooOoo~

Ven and Rain stood to the side in the throne room while Aqua and Terra stood in the center in front of Master Eraqus.

Rain up looked at Ven in confusion when she felt the blonde shiver.

The small bluenette leaned forward catching sight of Master Xehanort who had his eyes on Ven.

The elderly man was an old friend of Master Eraqus, and despite his few visits Rain rarely interacted with him during that time unless it was necessary.

The others believed it was because she was shy but that wasn't it.

There was just something about the old man that she couldn't quite put her finger on.

Violet eyes blinked when they met with gold.

Master Xehanort was staring at her with slight interest.

Rain immediately straightened up and pressed herself closer to Ven's side.

Master Eraqus cleared his throat.

"Today you will be examined for the Mark of Mastery. Not one but two of the Keyblade's chosen stand here as candidates... but this is neither acompetition nor a battle for supremacy-- not a test of wills, but a test of heart. Both of you may prevail, or neither. "

Master Eraqus glanced back.

"But I am sure our guest, Master
Xehanort... did not travel all this way to see our youngest prospects in years fall short of the Mark. I trust you are ready." He finished.

"Yes," Aqua and Terra said.

"Then let the examination begin."

Master Eraqus' keyblade appeared he summoned five orbs of light

Terra and Aqua summoned their keyblades and readied themselves for the fight.

Suddenly the orbs were covered in a dark fog.

'Darkness?' Rain was shocked.

A tainted orb started speeding towards her.

Rain squeezed her eyes shut.

"Rain!"

"Take this!" Ven smacked it away with his keyblade.

"Don't worry about us. You two focus on the exam!" He looked back at the older teens.

"But you two are in danger here! Take Rain and go wait in your room!" Aqua

"No way! Rain and I've been looking forward to this, seeing you two become Masters." Ven clenched his fist.

"We're not gonna miss it now!"

"He can take care of himself, he's been out there training just as hard as us." Terra reasoned.