The Last Night

Hey guys~ sorry it's been awhile, on this story and my other story but here's a new chapter

Enjoy!

"One must never partake in the darkness is any form, doing so will lead them to a dark path of betrayal and treachery," Master Eraqus lectured.

Rain nodded at her teacher sitting crossed legged in front of him.

Some time had pass since Rain met Vanitas and true to her promise she never uttered a single word about her new friend to her family.

There would be some days where the small bluenette would disappear for hours while meeting up with Vanitas.

Since the Mark of Mastery exam was coming up everyone assumed the young girl was out playing and/or training to cope with more free time than usual.

~ooOoo~

"Is that what he told you?" Vanitas asked leaning against a rock with his arms crossed.

"Yeah" Rain nodded practicing her swings with her new sword.

"He doesn't know what he's talking about,"

Rain blinked and lowered her arms.

"Light can be just as harmful you know, it can burn you, it can blind you. Your Master seems pretty biased about light and dark."

"But-"

A black portal appeared next to Vanitas.

"Woah!" Rain's eyes sparkled.

"Darkness on the other hand can make you powerful. But there's I'll be honest with you kid, there's a trick to it." Vanitas kneeled down in front of Rain and held his hand out in front of her summoning a small amount of darkness.

"You need to make the darkness listen to you, don't listen to it otherwise it'll consume you and lead you to your doom."

Rain nodded slowly keeping her eyes on the black energy.

The darkness dissipated as the helmet wearing boy stood up.

"That's all for now, see you around Kid," he called before disappearing in the portal.

~ooOoo~

'Make the darkness listen to me?' Rain pondered laying on her bed.

Learning from both Master Eraqus and Vanitas confused her. She understood that light is what allows people to be happy in love in peace but there were some things that Vanitas told her that also made sense.

The little girl didn't know what to think.

"Hmmhmm..." Rain stared out from her window sleepily.

She yawned before closing her eyes.

~ooOoo~

Someone was lightly shaking her.

"Rain," a hushed whisper.

It was Ven.

Rain turned away from his voice and snuggled deeper into her pillows.

"Rain!" Ven repeated poking her cheek.

Pouting, the little girl sat up and rubbed her eyes.

"What?" She yawned.

"There's a meteor shower outside!" Ven smiled, excitement shining in his eyes.

Sleepy eyes widened.

"Really!?" She gasped.

Ven nodded vigorously.