The Decision

Previously in the last chapter -

"So are you saying the decision of you being part of the band is my decision?"

"Yes. You know best whether or not if adding me into the group will work or not. I will respect your decision a 100%"

"Umm," Jin starts off. All eyes are on him.

This chapter:

"Umm," Jin repeats. It is a big decision, on one hand, the rest of the group is not a fan of her joining. On the other hand, he knew that you were still dealing with their parents' death. Although you have requested for him not to consider your feelings, he was your older brother and it was his habit to consider peoples' feelings. It was only a couple of months ago and it has hit you hard. This time of year is not a good time for you to deal with your feelings alone. He also felt a bit bad not there during the times when you needed him the most. Although you guys talk a lot with each other, he had missed a lot of quality time with you. Jin also knew that if the band got to know you, they would like you. What he didn't know is whether or not the rest of the members will give you a chance. And to be honest with himself, he misses you and wanted to make up for the lost time. "I have a question," Jin starts off by saying,

"What is it?" you asked.

"How long is the contract?"

"A year," Bang PD-nim replied, "We will see the effect of your sister have, then make changes from there."

When hearing this, Jin's mind was made up. A year sounds reasonable. If the rest of the members doesn't like his little sister by that time, then he figured that you can get another job. It wasn't like the members had to be stuck with a person they dislike for forever.

"Y/N-ah."

"Yes?"

"I think you should be part of the group."

"Really?"

Jin grinned, "Really."

You were ecstatic, but the other members weren't as happy with Jin's decision.

"Okay then it is settled then," Bang PD-nim, "Congratulation Y/N-ssi, welcome to Bangtan Sonyeondan. I'm happy that you are part of the team. Please call me Bang PD-nim from this day forward."

You quickly bow and say, "Thank you PD-nim."

"So moving along with business. Your part will be lead vocalist. You will also be part of the dance line. Your debut day will be a month from now, so October 20."

"A MONTH!!" everyone exclaimed. You and Jin looked worried, while the rest of the group members looked a bit mad. It was easy to understand their anger. They have to spend a long time working up to their debut day, while you just get to debut in a month.

"Are you sure that is enough time for Y/N to prepare?" Jin voiced his concern.

"Well, your sister Is a fast learner, and based upon her previous job she seems able to adjust to the schedule rather quickly. So I think there be enough time. So you guys get the rest of today and the next few days to get to know Y/N. Then it is back to work on Monday. Alright?' Bang PD-nim says. With a look of dismissal, the eight members shuffled out of Bang PD-nim's office.

"So Y/N-ssi, what year were you born in?" Namjoon asks, trying to make conversation on the way to the black van.

"1997," you reply. Everyone looked at you when you mention this, while Jin slaps himself on his forehead. Jin didn't think about this thing that was important to a lot of people.