Is this the end?

Murky and dark, the water loomed before me. Was I really doing this? Was it the right thing to do? Yeah. It was. I had to get rid of this pain in me. It was eating me alive inside. I slowly lifted one foot up, ready to jump. Ready to leap into a new life, a new life where I was no longer on earth. I stood on the edge of the bridge, scared, but sure it had to be done.
"Wait!" I heard a voice behind me that startled me. I almost fell forward but the person connected to the voice grabbed my arm and pulled me away from the edge.
"What are you doing? Let me do this." I tried to
Pull away but the grasp was too tight.
"Yeah and sit here and watch you die? No. Not gonna happen. Cmon my car is a few blocks away." They said.
"No." I planted my feet.
"No?"
"No." I repeated.
"What do you mean no?"
"I'm not coming with you and I'm doing what I came here to do."
"No your not."
"This isn't an argument it's my life." I said.
"Exactly. It's your life. Your life to live. Don't jump. I can tell you're young. You have a lot left in life to live for. So live for it."
I shook my head: this person was making it a lot harder to do what I wanted, or at least what I thought I wanted.
"I- I don't know anymore." I stuttered, at once at a loss for words. I looked down at my shoes.
The person sighed. "How about this, we can make a deal."
I looked up as an approval to keep going.
So they continued. "Fourteen days. Give me two weeks to prove to you that your life it worth living and then if you still want to jump," they paused and sighed, "I won't stop you."
I took a second to process this. "But why? You don't even know me. And I'm not a charity case."
"Your right I don't, and I know you're not. But I do want to help. I struggled with anxiety and depression and pain and I understand what you're going through, I really do. Now please let me help you." A firm voice that matched the firm hold they still had on my hand.
"Fine." I gave in. 14 days. That's it. And then I would be back here just as I was before I was interrupted.
They nodded and started walking with me, leading me toward their car.
"What's your name, stranger?" I said, and at this moment, I saw the glimmer in his brown eyes, the way his curly brown hair flipped was over his eyes, how it flopped when he walked. He was short for a guy, but still taller than me. He looked like he was about my age, 19, give or take a year.
"I'm Jack, Jack Avery. And you are?"
"Y/n y/l/n. Nice to meet you Jack."
"It's nice to meet you too Y/n."
And we shook hands. It was in a sense two things. A formal greeting, and a sealer to our deal. 14 days. Let's see what this boy can do.