Day 4

It was the fourth day of Jack showing me that my life was worth living. Yesterday we didn't do much, we just went for a walk in the woods, taking sometime in nature. Today however, Jack said he was coming over my house to do something fun, whatever that meant. I was in the kitchen cooking come bacon and eggs, when I heard a familiar knock on the door.

"Come in!" I yelled as I stirred the eggs. The knock came again. "I said come in!" but, the knock came a third time. I groaned and walked over to the door. "You know when I say come in--" but Jack was clearly preoccupied. He stood in my door way with a stack of at least five board games.

"My hands are a little full." he joked.

"Ha ha." I opened the door wider so he could come in. He set the games on the counter.

"Be right back." he returned from his car a minutes later holding three bags of snacks, a deck of cards, and several cans of soda. "Today, Y/n, today is game day." he smirked.

"Sounds lame but okay." I replied. "By the way, I'm a literal God at monopoly. You better watch out." I gave a small smile. Jack has made me smile more than I normally did. But it was a fleeting moment of joy before it passed. He still had 10 days left, but I just felt like I was a lost cause and I was wasting his time.

"No, Y/n Y/l/n. You better watch out, because I am a God at monopoly." he said.

"Whatever, Avery. Think what you want."

We spent the day playing various games including Rummy, Life, Scatergories, Checkers and Clue. Lastly, was monopoly.

"Pay up, Avery!" I held my hand towards him. "I want my $500 please."

"But what if, we made a deal?" He reasoned.

"I. want. my. money." I repeated.

"No, no, no. Hear me out." I rolled my eyes, but he continued speaking. "I get a free pass this time and I'll do the dishes and any other cleaning you want me to do."

I was confused. All that in exchange for $500 of fake cash. That's when I noticed he only had $500 left. I had won. A smile grew on my face. "Take that Avery. I won! And I'm sorry but no, to your deal. Winning sounds a lot better."

He laughed at me. "Fineee" He whined like a child. I started laughing because of how cute he looked when he was pouting. Wait. I started laughing. I hadn't laughed in months. Jack noticed too.

"You're laughing!" He grinned. "I've never heard you laugh before. You have a great laugh."

I felt heat rise in my cheeks. No way in hell was a blushing right now. "Stop trying to be a kiss-up you still lost."

"Whatever." He said while he checked his phone. "Sorry to cut this short, but I have to go home. My mom needs me to babysit my sister, Isla. Talk to you later?"

"Yeah sounds good."

After Jack left, I went up to my room and laid on my bed just thinking. Thats when it hit me. I forgot to search Jack on google. I had wanted to do that since there were fans coming up to him and a lot of people seemed to know who he was.

Google Search Bar: Jack Avery

First thing I saw was a bunch of pictures of him. Underneath his name it said "Musical Artist." It listed his birthday and that he was apart of a group called "Why Don't We." I think I heard them on the radio once but I never knew Jack was apart of this group.

I clicked into a website. My mouth fell open as I read aloud.

"Jack Robert Avery is 1/5 of the popular boy band known as Why Don't We. He works along side his bandmates, Jonah Marais, Corbyn Besson, Daniel Seavey, and Zach Herron. The boys have released two albums, six EPs and over twenty singles. Together they have performed over 120 concerts worldwide. Their newest album, The Good Times and The Bad Ones is available for purchase--"

I couldn't believe this. Jack had a whole career, he was super famous for gods sake, and he didn't even feel the need to tell me. I didn't even know if I could trust him anymore. After he basically lied. But all I could think was, why? Whatever, it didn't even matter any more. As if on cue Jack text me.

Jack: Hey :)

I didn't even want to respond. I turned my phone off and went to sleep.