Day 1

The sunlight shone through my bedroom window and blinded me the minute I opened my eyes. I peered over at my phone which had just buzzed.
Meet me at the peer.
I saw it was an unknown number and I started to get scared. Who's texting me this? Then my memories of last night flooded back.
"Give me your phone number." He said.
"Why?"
"So I can text you. Duh. Tomorrow morning I'll text you a place to meet me and we can hang out for the day and I'll show you a good time." He genuinely smiled at me.
I rolled my eyes, "fine," and snatched his phone to write my number in his contacts.
After that he had driven me home and we didn't speak another word to each other. I went in my house, my empty house, and immediately went to sleep. I was exhausted.
I quickly text back. "Ok." And got up to get dressed.

"Hey there stranger." I said as I approached him.
"You know my name, y/n."
"Yes. Your point is? Think of "stranger" as like a nickname." I said. "Or I mean, I could call you stalker, since you didn't tell me what you were doing on the bridge that night."
"Stranger is fine." He shrugged and grabbed my arm.
"Cmon were going to get ice cream and take a walk, get to know each other you know?"
"Mhm" I shrugged. This sounded boring, and he wasn't doing so well with convincing me.
We walked to the ice cream place and ordered. I got a cone of vanilla and Jack got a cone of chocolate.
"Chocolates gross," I mumbled. He heard me.
"You sound just like my friend, Daniel. He hates chocolate too."
"He has a right to, it's not good."
"I beg to differ." He said licking his ice cream. That's when I heard the screams.

"Jack! Jack Avery! Oh my god! It's actually you!" Some random girl came running up to us. "Jack! Can I get a picture."
"Er-uh- sure." Jack asked me to hold his ice cream while he posed with this girl. After they took the picture they started talking.
"Jack. You're so amazing. I love you so much. Your my favorite. Oh where are the other guys? I'd love to meet them." The girl rambled on.
"Uh- they're at the house and-" he paused because he noticed I was walking away. "It was nice talking to you, but really I have to go."
I felt a slight gust of wind as Jack caught up to me. "Where are you going?"
"Is that like your girlfriend or something?" I asked annoyed. This next 14 days are going to be annoying if his girlfriend comes and does that every day.
"Her? No no. I've never seen her before. I don't even know who that is, I didn't get her name."
"But it's not normal for people to run up to you and do that. So you must know her." Why is he lying?
"No I swear I don't know her. It's just-" he was cut off by more yelling. "Shit." He muttered.
"Is that Jack Avery? Omg Jack!! Hi Jack!!" More girls started swarming and at this point I was confused as hell.
"What is going on?"
"Uh- not here. I'll explain, but we need to get somewhere more private." He grabbed my hand and started walking fast. We got to his car and he got in quickly and so did I. I had no idea what was happening.
"Jack? Hello?" I tried to get his attention, but his eyes were glued to the road in front of him.
"Jack?" After a few minutes I gave up asking. We sat in silence for about 20 minutes until he spoke.
"Do you know who I am?"
"What kind of question is that?"
"A serious one. Now do you?" His tone was stern.
"I mean I know your name is Jack Avery and you stopped me at the bridge but that's it. Why? Should I know something else?"
"No." He shook his head and we drove on in silence.
As we pulled up in front of my house I got even more confused. I thought we were going somewhere private.
"I have to go home, y/n. My mom needs my help. I'll text you later." He said as I got out of the car.
"Okay." I walked up to my porch and unlocked the door to my house. It was quiet and dark, as always, no one was home. I set my stuff down on the table and went upstairs to my room. I laid on my bed and just thought. My feelings were all in a jumble. I was confused, obviously, but I was also starting to like Jack. Not in a romantic way, of course. I've never had a boyfriend and I don't believe in love. I just think he's a cool dude and I wouldn't mind being friends with him. But I also don't want to get attached. It would make it harder for me to go in two weeks, well 13 days. One day down. I guess we'll figure out more tomorrow. I wanted to look up Jack online to see if I could find some information but I fell asleep before I had the chance to.