Part VII - Voodoo Queen

"I'm so tired of being single!" Coco complains as I take my seat next to her.  "And then when Langdon shows up I think that I finally have a chance to find my man, but then he turns out to not be interested at all."

I smirk. The only thing he's interested in is killing everyone here. Admittedly, I would prefer if Coco didn't die. She's been the only person here entertaining me this whole time. Maybe I'll ask Michael about it later. "Don't worry, he wouldn't know what to do if he got it," I reassure her.

"I'm pretty sure he would," Gallant speaks up.

"Oh please, we all know that you've been desperate for him since he first showed up," I roll my eyes.

"You even volunteered to go first for the interviews just so you could try to get him to fall for you first," Coco chimes in. "That's pretty desperate, even for you."

"You would've done the same!" he yells. "We all know that you would fuck him if he gave you the chance."

She rolls her eyes. "Says you, who may or may not have had sex with Langdon in a black suit."

"I did not!" he yells, slamming his hands on the table as he stands.

"Oh shit, maybe you should go talk to your Nana to calm down. Oh, wait, you killed her!"

"You bitch!" he yells, storming off. 

 I watch the scene in amusement. I didn't even need to control their minds; they did that all themselves.

"Shit," Coco mutters, turning to me. "I still need him to do my hair for the Halloween ball."

"Maybe you'll want to work out your little feud then," I shrug as I pick at my cube.

She rolls her eyes and stands up from the table. "See you later. You're all so dry... maybe I'll excuse Valentina and Gallant from that statement, but the rest of you need to step the fuck up." With that, she struts off to her bedroom.

I look at everyone else sitting at the table and read their minds. Timothy and Emily are too busy with their "secret" romance that everybody knows about, Andre doesn't talk because he's miserable, and I can't read Dinah's mind because she's the Voodoo Queen. 

Timothy and Emily slip out of the dining room together.  I roll my eyes and walk over to the sitting room, then I control Andre's mind to make him excuse himself for a shower. I motion for Dinah to join me.

She sits down but clearly becomes uncomfortable under my gaze. "How are you doing, Miss Voodoo Queen?" I whisper. I already put a soundproofing spell on the room, but I don't want her to know that.

She narrows her eyes. "How do you know that?" she hisses.

I shrug. "I have my intel. However, I'm not here for a fight."

"What do you want then?" she asks, looking slightly less skeptical.

"Your allegiance."

"Why?"

"We both have a common interest: getting out of this alive.  We also don't trust Langdon."

"Are you stupid?" she questions.  "Going against Langdon is a suicide mission.  Do you even know what he is?"

I roll my eyes as I lean back.  "Of course I know what he is.  I'm as powerful as him."

She raises a brow.  "How?  You aren't a witch; I would've known if you are."

"His father chose me to be his ally for whatever reason.  We hate each other's guts."

"Why the hell would Satan choose you if you and Langdon hate each other?"