Part VI - Jealousy

"For the last time, we are not just going to kill Mallory in her sleep!" Michael exclaims from behind his desk as he circles around it.

"I don't see why not!" I protest as I circle the desk opposite Michael.

"God, why do you have to be so problematic?" Michael shouts as he leans over the desk while continuing to circle it.

"Why do you have to be so stubborn?" I retort as I lean over the desk as well, matching his energy.  "Is it really that hard to just kill her?  Just destroy her soul as you did to all those other witches in the coven!"

"It's not that simple!" he complains.  "Cordelia must be prepared for me to try to destroy her soul; she probably has some spell cast on Mallory to stop me from doing so!"

"Maybe she doesn't!  We'll never know unless we try!"

"If I'm correct, we'll fuck everything up because we'll completely trigger Mallory's powers and she'll try to attack us!"

"You're the fucking Antichrist; how the hell is she able to hurt you?"

"Those witches are not to be underestimated; they were able to kill the one woman I ever cared for-"

"Yeah, Ms. Mead, I know!" I cut him off.  "Who the fuck reincarnates their caregiver as a robot?  There are much healthier coping mechanisms!"

"Like what?  I was only five years old!"

"You weren't mentally!  Maybe you could've just grieved and let it go like a normal person!"

"I can't believe you're the one lecturing me on this," he scoffs as he backs away from the desk.

"Excuse me?"

"You murdered the guy who attempted to drug you!  How's that for a healthy coping mechanism?"

"That is not the same thing!  The bitch had it coming!  God, your toxic masculinity is showing," I scoff as I back away.

I gasp as I fly into the wall and feel my airway constrict.  "I am tired of your attitude," Michael states as he stares me down.  "Drop it now or I am not going to be dropping you from the wall."

It takes everything in me to not use my newfound powers to lash back at him; I already decided last night that I would hide those from him for as long as possible so I could use them to my advantage if need be.

After feeling that his point has gotten across, Michael lowers his arm and I fall to the ground.  I gasp on the ground as I regain my breath.

When I stand back up, Michael is leaning against his desk, trying to calm himself.  I walk up to him, eyes ablaze.  "Go to hell, asshole," I spit as I backhand him.  

Michael holds a hand to his cheek as he stares in disbelief.  I storm out of the room, his angry glare following me.

I slam the door behind me and turn just to see Ms. Venable walking down the hallway.  Great, now I'm about to get lectured by this bitch while I'm already worked up from my argument with Michael.

She stops upon seeing me, her usual cold demeanor seeming slightly unsettled.  However, she quickly puts her emotionless mask back on.  "Good afternoon, Ms. Callistra," she states coldly.  "I was wondering if I was ever going to see your face again."

"What do you mean?" I ask as she approaches me, doing my best to appear calm.

"You've been missing from meals for the past two nights and nobody has seen you.  Mr. Langdon excused you both nights, and he also said that I am not to punish you for the stunt you pulled two days ago."