Part XVIII - Regrets

Holy.  Shit.

I look over at Michael's body next to mine and press my face into my hands.  God, how could I be so stupid?  He's the fucking Antichrist, yet I slept with him.  Not to mention that I still have very mixed feelings about him, especially considering the fact that I thought he hated me up until last night.  Even then, I doubt he would hesitate to kill me if I turned on him.

Not to mention that the Halloween ball is only in three days, meaning that we have a few days to figure out our plan.

Wait a minute... shit, I completely forgot about mine and Michael's competition.  Today's the last day of that.  But who even knows if we're competing anymore.  Obviously, a lot has happened since we began the competition.

The last time I checked, it was 2-1, me winning.  Since then I've mind-controlled Venable to make her punish Gallant, told Coco the false rumor about Mead, and caused a scene in front of the whole outpost when Mead tried to take me to the interrogation room.  Michael has broken me out of interrogation, confronted Mead, and pulled his little stunt with my dress.  That puts us at 5-4, me still in the lead.

Michael rolls over in bed to face me.  "You're thinking intensely," he observes.

I quickly stand up and grab my corset from the foot of the bed.  "Last night was a mistake," I state as I throw it on.

"You and I both know that's a lie," he rolls his eyes as he sits up.

"No, it is not.  Your father clearly meant for us to be allies, not lovers!" I scoff, doing my best to quickly tie the corset.

"And you've said it a million times; he was wrong to make us allies."

"Which only makes this," I motion between us, "Even more wrong."  I ignore my terrible job at tying the corset and walk over to my dress lying in the middle of the room.

"Well, it certainly didn't feel wrong to me," he states as he stands up.  "And I'm sure it didn't feel wrong to you either."

I roll my eyes as I step into my dress.  "Michael, carnal pleasure happens to be in your realm of expertise, considering your lineage and all."

He begins walking toward me and stops once he is inches away.  He smirks as he takes a strand of my hair and twirls it between his fingers.  "And you're my ally, therefore making it in your realm of expertise as well."

I scoff as I ignore him and zip up the back of my dress.  "How many times do I have to make it clear that I don't accept the status of being your ally?"

"Are we really going back to this argument again?" he asks condescendingly, dropping my hair from between his fingers.

"It's fine," I sigh.  "You see, we're going to get on the same page after we're finished with our competition, which is over after today by the way."

"You still want to do that?" he asks, intrigued.

I nod.  "I'm ahead, 5-4, so I sure as hell want to keep going and win this."

He smirks.  "Really?"

"You seem to think that you have a shot at this.  What I'm about to make go down before the end of the day will put your ideas to shame."

"You seem awfully confident for somebody who's only ahead by one."

"Soon to be more," I assure him smugly.

He chuckles as he begins walking to pick up his discarded clothes on the floor, but I quickly grab his wrist.  "And if you dare bring up this incident again, I will not hesitate to do everything in my power to help the witches defeat you."