The letter.

Dear Nick,
I don't know what has gotten over me these past couple of days. There's something about how you look at me. There's something about how you talk. While I was daydreaming yesterday I told you something in my imagination. "Your voice sounds like honey." that it could "Heal the cuts of a thousand hurtful words" I meant it. Everytime you talk it is so smooth and warm and like I said, it could heal the cuts of a thousand hurtful words. I think I've fallen for you and I hate that you're not here. I hate that I cant tell you.  I miss you so much. Maybe I'm over reacting. Nick, the other night when you fell asleep on the couch and you woke up with your neck hurting it was because you fell asleep on me. I felt so safe with you in my arms and it's to the point where I think it made me fall in love. Well, maybe not that one night alone. I've noticed it every once in a while but I always put it to the side. But that night, that night something clicked. You mean so much to me and your smile lights up my entire world. I can't see myself anywhere else without you. No matter where our paths take us, no matter what our futures hold, this time is ours and will be for eternity. Wether that means this note actually ever reaches you and we stop talking or it reaches you and we stay friends or we even date or whatever it is. Look I'm starting to ramble but what im trying to say is that no matter where we are wether it be tomorrow, next week, or in 10 years from now, where we are right now is our time. The other day when we were watching your stupid anime and you fell asleep on me, I looked at you sleeping so peacefully and in that moment, that very second every piece of me that hadn't found it's place fell perfectly into position. there's a quote I heard long long ago... it's from "Frost like night" by Sarah Raasch. That quote says "No matter what happens, I will never, not in a thousand tragic outcomes, will I ever regret loving you" and I've waited for that day for years. Since the second I heard it I wanted to love someone like that and there's a part of me that makes me think that this is that sort of love. But of course there's another side that says this is all just in my head--- that this is just a seasonal thing. Maybe we're just close. maybe this is a brotherly type of love that I can't differentiate wether it is or not. But who knows. Fuck I sound so stupid. I'm sorry this is so dumb...

     "Fuck this" Dream says under his breath as he grabs the letter and goes to his room to throw it in his desk. He didn't crumple the paper like he wanted to because, well, he really didn't want to let go of it. In case I go back He thinks to himself while throwing the paper on his desk. By now he was so furious with his own emotions. It was all so confusing and it hurt so... good? Like there was hope right on the edge of each hurtful emotions.

     Shaking from crying, Dream logs onto discord to see George is online. "George, can we talk for a minute?" Dream dm's George to ask. "Of course" George responds. Almost as soon as George can click the send button they're in call. They sit there in silence that was broken every few seconds by a sniffle or a splotchy breath by Dream. Obviously, George could tell he was or at least had been crying. A couple minutes go by and finally Dream starts: "I don't know what to do George..." His voice broken. "Talk to me Clay. What's wrong?"

     "It's Nick." Dream says. "What what's wrong with Nick? Is he okay?" George says in a worried voice. "No he's fine. We're both fine nothing's wrong." "George, don't bring this up to him, but I think I have feelings for Sapnap." Dream says; his breath shallow. George sighs knowing that he can't tell either of them the other has feelings for them. "Why?" George asks trying to hide the laughter he has and making sure Dream can't hear his smile. Dream was weird about that. He knew his friends so well he could tell the shift in emotion in their voice even if it was the slightest shift. Just as Dream is about to answer he hears a ding.

   Sapnap joined the call.