Chapter 17 - Desideratum

A/N

I know in the last chapter I promised spice, so here's some spice!

Enjoy ;)

Despite her earlier insinuations to coerce Draco to Ancient Runes in the afternoon, the two of them only had only been on the sofa in their little common room for an hour before Hermione made to retire to her room, alone. She still had plans for him that did not include inviting him into her bed tonight.

Slightly unsteady from the bottle of firewhiskey the two had shared, she pulled Draco's hand out from under her blouse, an amused smile forming on her lips when he pouted against her mouth.

"Oh tuck that look away for someone who will fall for it" she coo'ed patronizingly, pushing his lip back in with her finger. "I have some homework and brewing to catch up on tonight if you want me to watch you play tomorrow." He unwound his hand from around her waist, letting her up off of his lap but the petulant look on his face remained.

"But you brewed your potion the day before yesterday, even if your tolerance is increasing you can't have possibly used it already" he complained with a slightly distracted look, obviously doing calculations in his head about the doses in a batch.

"How do you know when I brewed it last?" She asked, narrowing her eyes at him. She grabbed her wand from where it had gotten wedged between the couch cushions and tucked it into her sleeve.

"I'm observant" he replied casually, relaxing back into the couch and taking a sip from his glass. "I still don't know why you brew it yourself instead of just buying it like a normal person or asking Madam Pomfrey."

"Because," she snapped "last time I requested a refill prescription from St. Mungo's they called me an addict and gave me brochures for fucking rehab, and I'm sure the healers have forwarded my file to Hogwarts already so Pomfrey knows as much."

"I mean they're not wrong" he replied, rolling his eyes at her when her hair started sparking in anger. "Relax love, I'm not exactly one to be lecturing on substance abuse issues" he gestured with his glass of firewhiskey to emphasize his point. "Either way, there's still no way you've managed to use up the entire batch already regardless of why you make it yourself."

"I just want to brew some extra in advance" she acquiesced, "you know because I'm going to the game tomorrow, and we have that prefect meeting on Sunday morning, not to mention Ginny is forcing me into a study night tomorrow to start our N.E.W.T prep." He started pouting again at her words.

"You mean I don't get you all to myself again until Sunday night?" she hummed in confirmation to his question, tilting her head to the side thoughtfully, she hadn't realized that fact until right now.

"I'm sure you'll be able to manage for a few more days, absence makes the heart grow fonder and all that" she winked at him playfully turning to head to her room.

"Can't say the same for my cock." She heard him mutter to himself exasperatedly, which caused her to snicker quietly to herself once she was secluded inside the four walls of her bedroom.

Placing a locking spell on her door, she turned to the small brewing station she'd set up on her desk in the corner of her room. Though she'd been truthful in saying she was brewing tonight, Hermione was in fact not brewing more sine sensu potion, but something else entirely. Lighting the flames under the cauldron with a wave of her hand, she turned and opened one of the potions books she'd borrowed from an unknowing professor Slughorn -it's not stealing if you intend to return it- and opened it to table of contents to find the recipe she had in mind.