Chapter 22 - Doceo

A/N

I finally updated! Yay! My chapters will probably be more spread out for the next month or so while I'm busy with school but I'm still going to try to update twice a week or so. 

I've made you guys wait long enough, here you go!

Enjoy :)

--

"Clear your head"

"My head is clear"

"Clearly fucking not if I'm telling you to clear it"

With an exasperated huff Hermione opened her eyes. Prat, she thought. Draco had been attempting to teach her occlumency for the better part of the last four hours, and he'd spent the last twenty minutes whinging on about her lack of ability to meditate.

"Don't fucking swear at me Draco" she huffed and crossed her arms over her chest, fully aware that she was pouting but any decorum she'd had was long gone. He was sitting in front of her on the floor of their common room, mirroring her cross-legged position. He rolled his eyes at her childish display and roughly combed his fingers through his hair, pushing it out of his eyes.

"Granger you're never going to be able to do this unless you focus." He explained, clearly attempting to be patient with her.

"I don't know why you think I'd even be good at it, isn't occlumency virtually impossible unless you're naturally inclined?" she didn't even care that her words came out as a whine, she slumped backwards so she was lying with her back flat on the carpet and staring at the stone ceiling.

"Yes, but occlumency and legillemency are complimentary, so if you're good at one it's likely you're probably not awful at the other." He explained, his voice tight with barely restrained annoyance. Hermione couldn't exactly blame him; it was the third time he'd explained the same thing to her in the last few hours.

The whole process had been so much worse than she'd expected. All hope had flown out the window about forty minutes into their training session when he'd forced his way into her consciousness eight times while she failed miserably to push him out or block him even the slightest.

"Well it's clearly not the case for me now is it? Also, can we please stop with the 'Granger' business? Merlin, I shag you once and we're right back to last names. It can't have been that terrible." She didn't break her gaze from the ceiling when she joked halfheartedly, her mind was semi-focused on counting the large stones that made up their roof to distract from the oncoming headache. She heard him make a sort of humorous snorting sound before she felt his shoulder brush against hers as he came to lay beside her.

"Oh no you were fantastic Granger don't worry." He reassured her, his words warming her cheeks with a blush. "Its just that the whole Hermione thing isn't working for me, it's weird. You're not Hermione to me, you're Granger. It's proving to be a tough habit to break." She turned to face him, he was staring at the ceiling as well and she took the time to appreciate his side profile and the way his Adam's apple bobbed when he swallowed.

"Well, Granger is horribly unfamiliar, so it just won't do. If you'd like, I suppose you could call me 'Mione like everyone else, though I'll admit I'm not overly fond of it after having it directed at me as a whine for years by Ron."

"I refuse to call you any nickname given to you by Weaselbee" he stated indignantly, rolling onto his side to throw a possessive arm across her stomach. "I suppose I'll just have to come up with something new to call you." She rolled her eyes at him, though it was difficult to scold him for calling Ron names when the sensation of his fingers tracing shapes over her ribs was horribly distracting.