Chapter 25 - Hospites

A/N

Damn chapter 25, I feel like this is kind of a big deal because 25 was half-way in my original plan for this story. If we're being honest though at this point I have no idea if this is half-way or a quarter of the way or what. I've derailed from my original plan so much as the story has grown and I expanded the plot, my original outline is basically just a huge mess of multi-coloured pens and white out. Anyways not really important but a huge thank you to everyone who's been here since the beginning and also to the new readers who are joining every day.

Please vote and comment! Reading your comments makes my day!

Enjoy!

--

Draco's eyes were immediately assaulted by the ginger atrocity and the dark-haired disaster when he walked out of his bedroom, pulling his t-shirt down over his chest as he walked through the doorway. They were facing away from him as he slipped a smirk on his face and ran a hand through his hair.

"Well, not exactly my choice of a wake-up committee," he drawled, causing them both to spin and stare at him. "However, I dare say I may just prefer you to Filch if I really had to choose, wand to my head and all that drivel." As expected, the idiot duo was staring at him in confusion, obviously a little slow trying to figure out his presence. Draco took advantage of their stunned silence and walked into the kitchen, drawing their attention and in the process putting their backs to the bedrooms so Granger could run to her own room. Weasley's hand twitched towards his wand as he walked around, as though he were contemplating reaching for his wand.

"What are you doing in here Malfoy?" Potter finally managed to form a thought as he finished putting on a pot of tea for Granger and coffee for himself. I can't believe the saviour of the wizarding world is this much of a moron he thought with a roll of his eyes. Draco stalled his response momentarily as he caught the flash of brunette that indicated his witch had slipped into her own bedroom.

"Clearly, Granger really is the brains of your precious trio" he sneered, "how do you manage without her?" He asked, fixing himself a cup of coffee and leaving Granger's tea to over steep itself like she preferred. "I mean, obviously you're barely scraping by judging by your hair and Weasel-bee's overall appearance, really its pathetic."

Weasley's face turned red to match his hair -really not his best look-and Draco watched in pleased satisfaction as the dumber half of 'Dumb and Dumber' pulled his wand and aimed it at him. He simply sauntered around the counter to lean against it in front of the other two, blatantly ignoring the wand fixed on him.

"I didn't realize they let death eaters into Hogwarts now" Weasley sneered.

"Ronald!" Granger's admonishing tone came from behind the two as she walked out of her bedroom, hands on her hips. "Put your wand away right now or I will send you right back through that floo I swear to Godric!" She huffed in annoyance and walked around the three, snatching her tea off the counter and settling onto a stool to sip it. Draco simply raised an eyebrow victoriously at the two boys, internally quite glad not to be on the receiving end of that tone for once.

"Why are you defending him 'Mione? He's a death eater! And what is he even doing here?" The red-head reluctantly lowered his wand but kept it firmly in hand as he turned on Granger. Potter seemed to be assessing the situation silently, his eyes flitting between the mug in Granger's hands and Draco.

"I know you're not the smart one Weasley," he answered in a bored tone "but as you are in the Head's dorm, and that door" he gestured to his bedroom door across the room "clearly has my name on it," Draco paused for emphasis, enunciating as though he were talking to a child "even your pathetic deduction skills must have realized that I live here." He smirked, satisfied, as Weasel's jaw dropped and Potter's clenched at the revelation.