Chapter 23 - Sobrius

A/N

It's here I did it! I really had to dig deep for the motivation to write this chapter after a week fo writing papers and assignments for school. Hope you guys like it.

Also a little self-promo: I've posted a short dramoine one-shot to my profile as well, it's called Always so check it out if you'd like. I may start doing more short stories inbetween blood bound chapters to keep myself sane if you guys like them.

Without further adieu...

--

Draco really did not want to be heading to the Quidditch pitch right now, he wanted to go back to his dorm and see Granger. Today was going to be her first full day of classes with no potions, and he was itching to see if the occlumency actually worked. Part of him was also worried he might find her half-dead on her bedroom floor again. Unfortunately, it would definitely raise too many questions if the captain didn't show up to practice the week before their next match; hence he was heading out of the castle and being forced to listen to Nott whinge on about his latest grievance, which happened to be Ravenclaws.

"I mean, I thought classes with just the Gryffindors was awful, classes with Ravenclaws is like having multiple Grangers!" Nott had been on this particular tangent since they'd met up with him outside of his advanced divination class, going on twelve minutes ago now -almost a record for him-.

"Honestly Nott I thought you and Granger were friends, not to mention fucking, I would think a classroom full of swot clones would be some messed up wet dream for you." Zabini sounded almost as exasperated as Draco felt.

"We're not fucking anymore that was a one time thing, also your theory is false because none of the Ravenclaw's in divination are half as fit as Granger" Nott retorted matter-of-factly 

A week ago, that comment would've probably earned both of his friends a hex, but he'd been spending more time reinforcing his occlumency walls lately. Living with the over-emotional, mind-reading Granger required almost as much magical focus as living with the fucking Dark Lord had. She was a walking empath just waiting to drag all of his emotions out from behind his walls kicking and screaming. Between her bloody big doe eyes and the stupid magical snake - a snake! -, she's got in her head -that she actually fucking named, ridiculous- it was a wonder that he didn't exhaust his magical core trying to keep them up around her.

"Oi! Are you even listening to me?" Nott snapped him out of his thoughts, they'd made it all the way to the pitch while he'd been brooding internally.

"Obviously I wasn't, what'd you say?"

"Well I suppose I can repeat myself for you, O mighty prince of Slytherin" he bowed dramatically, earning an eye roll and a punch in the arm from Draco. "Ow fuck you tosser! I was saying that I've committed the entire team to attend the party after the game on Saturday." His curly-haired friend narrowed his eyes in annoyance before he left them for the changeroom, muttering under his breath something along the lines of 'violent wanker'.

Draco groaned; he really didn't want to go to the party. He'd have to stand around and watch other wizards ogle Granger again like last time and try to refrain himself from killing any of them. Sounded like a cock-up of a night in his opinion. Blaise seemed to share his sentiments for not wanting to go when he threw his head back to look at the clouds defeatedly. Draco suspected it had something to do with the witch he was secretly seeing that he thought they didn't know about, he didn't know who it was -yet- but he knew there was one.

"Well c'mon," Blaise hooked his arm through Draco's and pulled him along towards the changeroom. "If we have to go to the party we bloody well better win the game, no way am I showing my face if we lose to the fucking Huffle-fluffs."