Chapter 2 - Hershel's Farm

The RV stopped outside the farm and I looked out the window to take in it's beauty. It was where I dreamed about going when I was a child.

"It's good to be home again" Maggie beamed.

"It's the perfect place to settle down, it can keep the children safe" I answered looking at Judith and Stefan.

"No guns, It's such a quiet place, using gun will attract walkers" Carl answered.

There was a thud at the door we were all stiff. I pulled my knife out my trousers pocket and crept to the door. I then pulled it open fast and saw Daryl. "God, you scared us half to death" I huffed.

"Sorry, it's safe to come out now" Daryl shouted walking off.

I was the first to leave the RV. It was very remote and some aspects were beautiful but the house windows had been smashed to heck and there was a a big pile of burnt wood in the middle of a field nearby.

"We have pulled the bodies out the house, were going to bury some of 'em" Daryl told me in an hushed tone.

"Alright, you go I'll be fine"I told him.

He was reluctant but he walked off. I walked into the house and put my bag down ad started to clean up the broken glass so Judith wouldn't slip and fall onto it.

I saw Carl walk in and stand in the doorway of the room I was in. "We could stay here you know" I told him trying to spark up some conversation.

"We tried that before, It didn't work out so well..." Carl answered.

"Then we learn from that mistake" I replied.

I walked over to him my fingers interlocking with his. "We could settle down here, it will be nice and safe, We could be together, without having to look over our shoulders every second" I told him.

"Lilly, That's what we thought before..."Carl protested.

"You have more people now, More to fight for, if you don't know who to fight for then fight for me, fight for our future, I'm not giving up and either your with me or your not" I told him.

"I'm with you" Carl answered.

Jennette'a P.O.V

I ran up stairs and went into one of the rooms. Inside was a double bed with white sheet that had small little pink flowers on them and an light brown wardrobe.

I opened the wardrobe and jumped with glee. New clothes yay. I picked up a yellow dress that had white buttons on the front and a brown leather belt to keep it secure. I then picked up some yellow flats and changed into them.

There was a knock at the door "Come in"I shouted. Beth opened the door and walked in "Wow..."She muttered.

"What?"I asked.

"It's just that suits you perfectly" Beth answered.

"Thanks, Beth" I said to her nicely.

"Are you trying to impress Ben?" She asked.

I blushed "How'd you know?" I asked.

"Your always with him, flirting, giggling, everyone sees it"Beth explained.

I sighed "I'm that noticeable?" I asked.

Beth nodded and I sighed "Man, that's embarrassing".

I walked out into the hallway with Beth and we walked down stairs.

"How's your dad?" I asked. Hershel had been getting very tired and slow in his old age.

"He is alright, I feel better knowing we're here, He doesn't have to do much running" She answered.

We walked outside and the warm rays of sun baked our skin. I looked up the road which was barren.

"We can settle here, we just need to take guard shifts" I told Beth.

"Yeah, it's much better than living in a prison or living on the road with the fear of a bitter attacking you" Beth answered.

"HELP!!" I heard a familiar voice shout. I looked ups t the road and saw a male figure running down the path "HELP!!!" He yelled.

The figure grew closer an I began to recognise him. The black Elvis hair, Leather black jacket and those black suede shoes.

It was Zap.

"Zap?" I questioned. He then ran up to the house and I drew my gun and he stopped.

"Jen' is that you?" He answered happily.

"Stay back!!" I shouted putting the safety off.

"Jen' it's me Zap? You remember? Your friend?" He shouted over.

"Your not my friend you killed Burris!!!" I screamed.

Lilly and Carl ran over. "What's happening?"Carl asked.

Lilly then noticed Zap and pulled her gun out "What the hell is he doing here!?" She screamed.

"Please, I'm escaping from these bandits they kidnapped me please don't make me go back!" He pleaded.

"You killed Burris!!!!"Lilly screeched.

"Jennette, Please" He pleaded looking deep into my eyes.

I lowered my gun and Lilly frowned " Jen' he killed Him, In cold blood!"She shouted.

I was silent. "I can't believe this" Lilly whinnied. She threw her gun to the ground and ran off.

"Lilly!" Carl yelled running after her.