Chapter 8 - Finding Diana

Authors note - I just want to say this will be much, Much longer than the first book at least fifteen chapters possibly more. Also I've decided ill either do a trilogy or four books, but I may also write a prequel about Daryl and Amber. Comment if you like the idea of that.

Lilly's P.O.V

"Carl, believe me I want to come but I can't you know why" I told him as we stood outside. They were going to go find Diana in the hospital Zap talked about.

"I don't want to leave you here" Carl pleaded.

"I'll be fine, I have Beth, Michonne, Glenn and all that, I will be fine" I told him.

"Are you sure?" He asked.

"I will I promise" I told him.

We hugged and I buried my face in his shoulder. When we pulled away he touched my face "I'll come back, when I do, Diana will be long gone" He told me.

"I know" I answered.

"Carl! We're heading out!" Rick shouted from the car.

"I'll be right there!" He shouted back. "Be careful, I don't want you getting hurt again" He told me.

I kissed his lips and whispered "I'll be fine". He hesitated but ran and joined his father in the car as they drove off I waved.

"Please come back alive..."I muttered.

Jennette's P.O.V

The car came to a stop outside the hospital and we walked out. "Zap said, the rooftop I where she's hiding" I told them.

"There's only one way there, and this up the stairwell"Rick sighed in defeat.

"No, she will have traps on the stairwell but she won't expect us using the elevator shaft, I remember when me and Ben scouted the place, there was an elevator that had stopped on the second floor we can easily go to the third floor pry the doors open and climb up the elevator cable" I suggested.

"Good plan" Rick answered.

We walked into the building which was silent. "We will need something to pry the doors open with" Rick said.

"There's a supply closet on the first floor near the trauma area" I told him.

"I'll go, it will be easier for one person to go than three, you guys go upstairs, Clear the vicinity of walkers"Rick ordered.

We nodded and our way up the stairwell and to the elevator. We stood there waiting for Rick making sure no walkers came.

"You're quiet today" I said to Carl.

"Just thinkin' " I told her.

"You aren't this quiet usually, come on tell me" I pleaded.

"It's nothing, nothing for you anyway" He snapped.

I went silent and looked ahead. Something was going down, did Lilly in him argue? No, he was increasingly nice to her before we left. Too nice.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to snap at you" He said.

"It's alright, I'm sure whatever it is, it's important that's why you probably won't tell me" I replied.

I then heard the growl of a zombie "shhh" I said to Carl who was just about to speak.

I walked forward my knife drawn and Carl followed close behind. I opened a door to a patients room and there was a walker strapped down at his feet and ankles pulling at it.

The pulling had worn the rotting flesh to the bone and there was no sign of a bite mark but he was really skinny you could see his bones.

"Poor guy" Carl said.

"Yeah, I'll put him out his misery" I told him and began to walk but he put his hand out and stopped me "No, let me do it..." He answered.

I frowned. Why would he want to kill it? Is it to prove he can protect Lilly or something, I wasn't sure.

He stepped froward and plunged the knife into the walkers eye socket straight into the brain (OOC- what a lovely thought!).

"I got a crowbar" Rick called out standing in front of the elevator shaft.

"Let's go" Carl said.

***

I hated climbing up the elevator shaft. I was terrified of elevators. Even more terrified of being in the elevator shaft.

We're at the top" Rick called out. I breathed a sigh of relief as one by one we poured onto the roof.

We walked slowly around the roof our guns drawn. "Over here!" Carl called and me ad Rick came running.

It was a small sleeping bag with a little shelter made on top of it. A small camera blinked wanting be seen.

"She's left us a message" I said.

Carl picked up the camera opened it and pressed play. Diana popped up on the camera and she was on top of the roof.

***

"Hello, Nice to see you again, I assumed you got the information out of Zachary, poor boy he never really grasped the thought of being quiet, Anyway, It's better without him, sure with a group your better protected but with two people you can easily sneak into an enemy camp do your damage and leave without being noticed, You better run because lives are at stake, oh and tell that Amber if she ever! Ever! Takes what's mine again, she will not only die but everyone she loves will die too"

***

"She's heading for the farm!!!" I panicked.

"We have to get there and fast!" Carl answered and we rushed as fast as we could back outside and to the farm.

We drove as fast as we could trying to get to the farm before she did. But it was too late.

Once we got there it was a horror scene, the house was on fire and it had spread the fields around it.

Some people had managed to get out. Maggie stood staring at the house clutching Stefan as if it was her life. Ben was standing crying over a dead Allen who had a bullet through his head. Lilly held Judith in her arms and watched the fire.

It was as if our whole world had ended in that single moment.