14 .

Mr. Florida

my cat just knocked over a bottle of water and my socks are wet  😤

and my socks are wet 😤

I stare at the message, 'maybe it wasn't him, maybe he just sounded like him' I think to myself. I continue staring at his messages until three dots appear.

Mr. Florida
hey what's up?

I quickly type back, forgetting I had my read receipts on.

you
Heyyy
sorry i'm just getting ready for work

which was a complete lie, but I couldn't bring myself to talk to him to have a conversation with him.

Mr. Florida
oh it's okay

you
do you have work today?

Mr. Florida
Yes in like 30 minutes actually why , do you miss me already y/n?

you
you wish
Have to go
i  will talk to you soon . 

I close our messages and enter the name that s/n said, 'dreamwastaken'  I type it in on youtube and his channel appears, scrolling down to what seemed like hundreds of videos, with millions and millions of views. How was he so popular, why was he even talking to me? 25 million views, 50 million views, 70 million views. I stare in disbelief, why would he keep all of this success a secret?

I press on one video and expand on the video description. A link to his twitch account. Which was apparently his main platform and where he was most active, he would probably be here.

bingo.

I sit, analyzing my laptop screen, four tabs on my screen all of which related to his social media, his youtube channel, Twitch, Twitter, and Instagram. I felt like I was Joe Goldberg from "you" but given the circumstance, It felt like this was the better option before confronting him, plus it wasn't like he was going to reveal any more to me. I wait for him to go live starting at his black twitch channel, videos of his past streams. I didn't really know what I'm looking for, what I was trying to find. But I wanted to find out more, more about him.

Twenty minutes had gone by when suddenly a notification appears that he has gone live, I refresh the page and I click on it, watching the number of people watching instantly grow in seconds, increasing second by second. My mouth drops. It couldn't be a coincidence. Thousands of comments bombarding the stream.

"Hey guys apologies for not streaming in so long, I've been busy editing and everything but I'm back," He says, his neon green Minecraft avatar jumping around. Comments flooding in with hearts. "what is your favorite show?" he reads a donation of $20 appearing on his screen.

"Hm, my favorite show is probably one that I'm watching right now, called The Queens Gambit" He answers the question. My heart sinks. We had been watching it together during our movie nights. I couldn't help but find comfort in his voice again. It was like we were on a call all over again.

Just as I enter a comment an alert appears that I have to be a follower in order to interact with chat, I quickly create an account under an alias. 'chloesmith0629' I return to the stream. Dream was still reading out donations upon donations, answering questions, and thanking his supporters.

'Perhaps I should give a donation.' I think to myself.

I enter my bank details and enter the price of $20, I'm used to spending so much money online, on clothes and food, the conventional stuff, but had never done this, my heart beats first as I enter a message along with the donation.

"Hey, Mr. Florida" I type, entering the name as y/n. I close my eyes and let my finger hover above the enter button and then press on it. 'Mr. Florida' was the name I gave him, it's like an inside joke between us, along with my own name next to it, he was guaranteed to know it was me.

"Uhm- Th thank you for the $20 y/n" he stutters, his green Minecraft avatar suddenly pauses from breaking a block.

My phone pings.