i. IT'S US

SAY IT!
( chapter one )

   KENNEDY LENNON AWOKE as normal, with a smile on her face and a spring in her step. She opened the curtains to her cabin, in which her siblings groaned at. Bright sunlight streamed into the room, leaving dancing little rainbows sprinkled around the room, just the way Kennedy liked it.

   After getting dressed in her usual camp t-shirt, a pair of shorts, and her trusty sneakers, Kennedy made her way out onto the green, waving to her fellow campers. As she passed the Hermes cabin, a familiar face bounded down the steps, and fell in step with her.

   "Why good morning Kennedy! Fancy seeing you here." Connor Stoll said, making Kennedy roll her eyes.

   The two had been best friends for quite some time. When Kennedy first arrived at camp, she was of course put into the Hermes cabin for the time being until she would get claimed. Connor was the one who had helped show her around camp, and taught her all the tricks and tips he had up his sleeve. Since then, the pair has been practically inseparable.

"Connor, I walk this way every day. You know that because you're the one who pointed it out." Kennedy said, and Connor gave her a lopsided smile.

"Yeah, I know, I just like to mess with you." He said.

The pair walked past the other cabins together, taking in the fresh morning air. Despite having the same routine every day, Kennedy never got tired of it.

As the passed they Demeter cabin, Kennedy paused, and leaned against the railing. She stared at a potted plant in the windowsill. "Amy, come on, we're not going to wait for you for forever!"

A moment passed, and morphing out of the plant came Amaryllis Flower, the nature spirit that Kennedy had recently befriended. Connor groaned, giving Kennedy a look as if to say 'Not her again!'

   Amaryllis, or Amy, sat on the porch railing, and looked down at Kennedy and Connor. "Look Stoll, I don't want to be around you either, but you could at least keep it to yourself, yeah?"

   Kennedy giggled, and gave Amy a hand as she hopped off the railing. The three began to walk once again, this time towards the dining pavilion. "Connor, remind me again why you hate Amy?"

   Connor sighed. "I don't hate her. I just don't like that she is loud, rude, has a habit of interrupting, is always late, and is constantly slandering me."

   Amy looked at him with her eyebrows raised. "Oh so you don't hate me? Sounds like you do! I mean I would hate me too, especially because of how beautiful, well mannered, and kind I am."

   Connor didn't say anything. He didn't have to. Instead, he just reached his arm over, and plucked a leaf out of her hair, a smug smile on his face as he did so.

   Amy touched the spot that the leaf was plucked from, and glared at him. "Watch your back, Stoll."

   "I always do, especially for you, Amy." He said, giving her a playful wink.

   Fortunately for Kennedy, they had arrived at the dining pavilion. She took Amy by the arm, dragging her over to the Iris table, away from Connor, who gave a small salute and smile to them as he sat down at his table.