iv. WAFFLE HOUSE

SAY IT!
( chapter four )

   "COOL, KENNEDY IS very flashy, now let's go! I am not going to wait for another cyclops." Amy said impatiently, and Kennedy just nods, for that was all she could do in her state of shock.

   Katie rushed to her side, giving her a hug. "Hey, don't stress, okay? You're gonna be fine. When the quest is done we'll hang out like always, alright?" Kennedy nodded again, hugging her friend tighter.

   Connor turned to Travis, and the two hugged tighter than ever had before. "Good luck brother. Steal something for me in Arizona!" Travis said, and Connor laughed, shaking his head.

   Everyone quickly finished their goodbyes, and then Kennedy, Amy, and Connor climbed into the truck; Connor driving, Kennedy in the passenger seat, and Amy in the back. As they began to drive off, they could faintly hear Travis yelling "You better not crash it!"

   They drove out of Manhattan without saying a single word, for the silence said enough. Their emotions were already high, and they had barely began their quest.

   Kennedy was especially tense. Out of nowhere, she had gained these powers and she had no idea how to handle it. At first she was in shock, for she had no idea that she would ever be able to do something like it. Then came a wave of fear, considering she didn't know how to control it, and was scared of hurting someone other than a monster. And of course came a rush of happiness, because wow, she had powers! Last but not least, she settled into insecurity. Why her? Why is she the one with powers, and is she strong enough to control it?

Connor glanced over at Kennedy. "Hey. We just got out of the city. We're in New Jersey now."

Kennedy looked at him. Her knees were tucked up to her chest, and her dark curly hair stuck out in every direction. Upon seeing Connor's nervous glance, she sighed, pulling down the visor, and looking in the mirror. Long story short, she was a mess.

She quickly pulled her thick hair into a ponytail, and wiped her eyes of any stray tears that had managed to fall. She needed to get herself together, and it was better to do it sooner than later.

"Good," She finally said. "Nice job getting us out of there quick. I know New York traffic is no joke."

Connor smiled, and Kennedy noticed his shoulders relax more. "Yeah, it was tough, especially with the bitchy backseat driver." He glared at Amy in his mirror, who held her hands up in defense.

"Not my fault you're a shit driver. Where'd you learn to drive anyways? Do you even have a license?"
Amy said, leaning forward so that she was resting on the armrest in the middle.

  "During the Battle of Manhattan, Travis and I may or may not have went on a little joyride. Although, we only used the cars to transport our injured troops, before you call me stupid. It did help a lot." He said, and Kennedy let out a laugh. Amy rolled her eyes, sitting back in her seat.

   "That still doesn't answer my question on if you have a license." She said, and Connor wiggled his eyebrows, picking up a small card off of the dashboard, handing it back to Amy.

   "Read it and weep, Amy."

   A few seconds passed before Amy scoffed, handing the card up to Kennedy. "I hate that he has an identical brother."