CHAPTER 21: A declaration of silent war.

As Tagon had asked him, Yangcha went back to his room to rest. He removed his mask from his face, put down his weapons and laid down on the bed.

He closed his eyes and stayed like that for a moment, trying to chase away his worried thoughts concerning his lover and what she was up to.

He stayed like that for a short moment before he sighed, he could try as much as he wanted, he couldn't make his thoughts quiet. He sat on the bed and watched the room he was in. If the other Daekans would have seen it, they would have been dead jealous, it was more of a all home than just a room and the majority of the warriors would never know such a luxury. But Yangcha had never mind about luxury. That room, no matter how comfortable it was, he didn't like being there without Enoria.
He sighed again, replaced the mask on his face, took back his sword and chains and left the room. He preferred to go back to the High Priestess' side rather than to stay alone in the room his lover wasn't in.

Before going back to the Great Shrine to take back his place as Tanya's bodyguard, he dropped by the headquarters. Mugwang had told him he wanted to talk to him about important stuffs and, even though he thought it was probably not that important, he was curious about what it was and especially about who it concerned.

When he arrived, his comrades inquired about Tagon's health and a simple nod from him was enough to reassure them. Mugwang showed up quickly after his arrival preventing the warrior to have to search for him.

"I am glad you are here, I needed to talk to you, about those dudes sitting there," Mugwang murmured, glancing over his shoulder at the members of the unit 6 who were sitting around the table. 

Yangcha glanced at them too, and he noticed well the looks they were giving him.

"Yesterday, they called Nori a purple blood bitch," Mugwang explained.

Yangcha gave him an annoyed look, he had been one of those calling her like that before so it was inappropriate for him to react like that when he was no better.

"Why are you looking at me like that? I thought it was better to tell you...," Mugwang mumbled, "I-, I know that I haven't always been on her side, but now, it pisses me off to hear them calling her like that, I should be the only one allowed. They aren't just joking you know, they mean it so, I am telling you, we should do something to defend our girl against those jerks."

Yangcha raised an eyebrow to those words, he didn't like how Mugwang was shamelessly calling Enoria their girl.

"Yours. I meant your girl, obviously...," Mugwang corrected himself with a forced smile, "so what are we gonna do? Should we kick some asses together?"

The masked warrior sighed, it was quite funny how easily things could change. Not a long time ago Mugwang was the one who kept insulting and talking behind her back and now he wanted to fight his own brothers to defend her. 

'He is quite annoying but I have to recognize he is an efficient and obedient slave.'

He thought again about those words she had murmured to him and he couldn't help but to let escape a small mocking laugh thinking about how right she was.

Mugwang didn't have too much time to react to his comrade's mockery because the others decided to search for troubles.

"Hey Yangcha," one of the warriors called out, "I heard your girl dared to raise her sword against Tagon Niruha yesterday... why don't you hold that savage tightly by using your chains as a leash around her neck?" he asked before he and the members of his unit laughed mockingly.