FLASHBACK CHAPTER 10 : A meaningful dream. (EDITED 06/22)

- Yangcha's point of view - 

 – Few weeks later -

"Hi Daekan!" I heard her greet me our usual way. I looked around but I couldn't see her.

"Up there!" I heard before I looked up and spotted her, sitting on a tree branch 

- What are you doing up there Igutu ? I asked, amused.

"I was just waiting for you," she replied with a smile before getting down by laying gracefully on the ground.

We approached each other and I patted her head, "how cute," I teased her.

We talked a bit before training. After I won again, we cooled off in the small river then laid down on the grass to watch the stars as we often did.

"Do you remember the place I saw in my dream I told you about?" she asked me.

I nodded. I remembered well. Few months ago, she had a dream. I was half an Igutu but I had never had that privilege. It wasn't the first time I saw her dreaming but it was fascinating, the way she frowned, moved or smiled when she was dreaming happily was cute and charming.

When she woke up she told me about what she dreamt about. She was in the middle of a vast forest, surrounded by large trees. She could hear the birds singing and feel the wind blowing through her hair. A wolf showed itself in front of her and she knew she had to follow it. She let it guide her until it disappeared into a cave hidden behind large rocks. It would have been hard to find that entrance without knowing where it was. She realized quickly it wasn't a cave but a tunnel as there was sunlight at the end of it. She followed the light and arrived in a large plain with a lot of trees and flowers. It was like the place was cut off from the world, it was impossible to imagine there was such a place at the end of that well hidden tunnel. Cliffs and mountains allowed the place to stay hidden, from outside, it was invisible. It was quiet, only the chirping of birds and the water and wind noises could be heard. There was a stream curving gently through the small forest, hopping over the rocks happily. She followed the course of the river as if it was showing her the way. When she squatted to put her hand in the water, it was like stars were flickering on the surface even if it was the middle of the day.

When she raised again, the place wasn't quiet anymore. She saw people. Many people, seniors, adults and children too. Where there was nothing earlier there were now wooden houses. Those people were living there, they were all busy with various activities. She couldn't see their faces clearly but a detail caught her attention : some of those people had blue lips, some others purple lips and others red lips. Neanthals, Igutus, Sarams. She heard them laughing together and she saw smiles on their faces. They were living together, happily, just like she used to be with her tribe members. It was like those people didn't see her, until a pregnant Neanthal woman turned to face her, smiling. "Find us," the woman said.

Enoria hadn't had time to ask questions because she woke up at that moment. At that time, I was by her side and she told me about the dream she just had. She was confused because usually her dreams were shorter and they weren't that clear. She was curious about the fact it could have a meaning so she tried to find that place, using the time we weren't together to search for it.

She had found it. The same place she had seen when she was sleeping. She told me it had not been easy, that without the clues she had seen on her dream, she wouldn't have found it, that it was probably impossible to find it without already knowing where it was. But it wasn't exactly like in her dream, the landscape was the same but there was no one there.

She was disappointed, I could feel that in her voice. I was sure she would have loved finding a place where Neanthals, Igutus and Sarams were living together. She didn't want to admit it because she was afraid I would feel bad about it but she missed her tribe and the life she had with them more than she thought she was. I was maybe her new family but I could never remplaced her old one.