CHAPTER 11: Meetings despite the risks. (EDITED 06/22)

Enoria was coming back from Harim's house as she had paid a visit to his two daughters, Chaeun and Nunbyeol with whom she was quite close as they have known each other for two years already.

They met when Enoria was on her way to Arthdal with ShinWoo and Minji to visit some of their people who were living in the city. Their path crossed the path of two women picking up leaves whom they wouldn't have paid too much attention to if the youngest one had not raised her head so that her eyes met Enoria's, making her stop walking. The Igutu approached the two women while looking around to see if there was no one else close to them. She squatted near the two, and looked again in the eyes of Nunbyeol, 'How can a Neanthal live so close to Arthdal?' were the first words Enoria said to them. Surprised and worried, Chaeun immediately tried to shield her little sister by placing herself in front of her but Nunbyeol reassured her: 'she is like me', she told her sister. 

The Igutu smiled at the two then she took her dagger, cutting slightly her hand to show her purple blood: 'Only half like you though'. Then she reassured the two on the fact she wasn't going to tell anyone about the Neanthal, she was just curious about the fact one was living so close to Arthdal. Chaeun and Nunbyeol invited the trio to their house to discuss properly. Their father, Harim, was there as well. Harim explained how he had severed Nunbyeol's lineages so that her neanthal strength was gone, she was weaker than Sarams so she wasn't a threat and it was very unlikely someone would ever suspect she was a Neanthal, that was why she could live so close to Arthdal without catching attention.

The six people talked for a moment, as the four girls were about the same age, they got along well and as Harim was Arthdal's best doctor, ShinWoo and him naturally got along well as well.

Enoria and Nunbyeol realized quickly that what they had experienced when they were younger was similar: they were both saved by doctors who didn't mind about the color of their blood and got themselves a new family in the process. Enoria and her two companions kept to themselves where they were living and what they were doing there, as they didn't want Harim and his family to get involved in case something got wrong.

After that day, they regularly met when they came to Arthdal and that's how their friendship was built.

-----------------------------------------------------------

That day, as she was coming back from Harim's house, Enoria's path crossed Mubaek's. They greeted each other politely. As Enoria passed next to him to continue on her way, Mubaek caught her wrist, making her stop.

"Were you the one who told Tagon about the byeoldaya?" he asked her.

"No, it's you who told him. I just told him you may have found something interesting in Iark and that he should talk to you."

"How did you know I had it? And why didn't you tell Tagon directly?"

"I am full of resources. As for why I didn't tell Tagon about it directly, think about it yourself," she said with a smirk, freeing her wrist from his grab.

Mubaek took a deep breath as he realized he had been tested on his loyalty. If he hadn't told the truth to Tagon, it could have put him into trouble. He didn't believe what Tagon had said to him about the death of Sanung, he still thought it was not an accident and that the actual Union Leader had killed his father, but he lied pretending he truly believed his words as he needed Tagon to continue to trust him. The fact Tanya was now the new High Priestess thanks to the byeoldaya he gave to Tagon wasn't a bad thing anyway.

"Are you close with Harim and his family?" Mubaek asked. He knew them for a long time but he had only discovered recently that Nunbyeol was a Neanthal, he resigned to let her live despite what she was because she was weak and he wondered if Enoria, as an Igutu, knew about her.