9 - 𝖂𝖍𝖔 𝖆𝖗𝖊 𝖞𝖔𝖚?

Days passed and the god did not return nor catch up to me

Days passed and the god did not return nor catch up to me. He must have left as it's for the best. He was just a pest dithering around anyways. For the first time in a while, I stepped on the green grass and looked around. Nothing but the bright sky surrounded me as I breathed in the air. My head continued to hurt more and more, the pain becoming excruciating.

    "Xiao?" I called out desperately, praying that the adeptus would appear before me.

    The wind whirled around me and I winced as my head panged once more. I held it roughly in my hands and tried to power through it.

    Swish.

    A man with dark hair with faint emerald tints and beautiful amber eyes that reflected mine appeared before me. His eyes widened in shock but then he sighed and frowned again.

    I tilted my head to one side. "Are you Xiao?"

    His eyes glimmered with sadness for a brief second but then recalled to their calm state. "So you can't remember after all. Hah, Zhongli really didn't lie."

    His hand reached out to brush my face. His delicate fingers brushed against my skin and I flinched at his cold touch. Amber eyes seared through mine like wildfire and I couldn't help but feel uncomfortable at how long he stayed in this position.

    "I wish you would remember already so we can get this over with."

    Xiao grabbed my hand and dragged me along with him towards a giant tree. There were red leaves on the branches that were so vibrant it almost seemed like a fairy tale.

    My head suddenly spun, and I glared over at Xiao. "What is this? What are you using?"

    Xiao placed a finger on my forehead. "You may remember now, (F/N)."

A man crouched by a gravestone in the darkness of a tree. His eyes were watery as he bowed his head. A bunch of glaze lilies were laid upon the stone.

As the man turned his head and met my gaze, his eyes brimmed with sadness.

Those eyes that were so familiar to me... Zhongli?   

I reached out a hand towards him but he did not take it. Incoherent words in a language I couldn't understand began to flow out, however one word was repeated so many times I couldn't seem to forget it.

    Guizhong.

Who am I?

    I was engulfed in panic as I stared at the tree before me and the tombstone that lay at the center. I walked shakily towards the stone which had engraved in a language I had never before seen yet understood so vividly.

In memory of Guizhong, Rex Lapis' partner and soon to be wed and (F/N)'s-

Who am I?

I screamed as my head threatened to claw itself out of its skull. Yaksha No. 4, (L/N) (F/N), beloved sister to Guizhong.

    "Ah, so you remembered again," Xiao blatantly said as I was being engulfed by pain and fear.

    "Zhongli..." I choked out. "I need to see him..."

    Xiao shook his head. "He has already been through enough pain in the past few days. Seeing you again with regained memories will only further push him into grief over her."
    Then I saw a memory which made my heart stop grieving. All of my former emotions returned from my past self as I stared blankly at the sky. A star was appearing faintly in the sky as I stared into it.

    All of these unwanted things that I never should have seen or done. Blood stains on my hands. A bleeding Xiao standing over me with a pained expression on his face. A Zhongli with fear in his eyes as he protected Guizhong. I stood atop a giant heap of courses with Guizhong below me, her eyes filled with horror.

    I lived already... I subconsciously walked towards the mountain's far edge. I've lived a life that wasn't ever my own. I am what I hate most. Why am I even still alive? To burden Zhongli with memories of his lover...?

    In my eyes, the only reasonable action was to die. I don't want this. I don't want people to be hurt because of me. And so, I slipped off the edge.

    "(F/N)!" Xiao yelled, his eyes filling with rage as he jumped off the cliff towards me, but he wasn't fast enough.

    Time seemed to slow as the sky grew further from my view. Deep inside, I knew I didn't want this. But I remembered one distinct moment.

    The moment where I had killed Guizhong.

    I was caught in the air by a pair of hands in mine. What I was met with made me feel utter despair.

    "Let go of me, Zhongli!" I screamed. "You'll die, you asshole!"

    "No," Zhongli shook his head, "I promised Guizhong I would protect you."

    "You don't have to anymore! I hate your fucking guts! You're the most conceited, idiotic, self-centered person I know! I wish you were dead! So let go, please." I screeched as loud as I could, trying to thrust Zhongli away as the ground grew nearer and nearer.

    Zhongli smiled at me warmly once more, like always. "Don't worry, you will not die here. I will ensure that."

    He brought me into a tight embrace and then brutally forced me unconscious with a rough hit to the head.

꧁༒☬𝓢𝓱𝓮 𝓾𝓼𝓮𝓭 𝓽𝓸 𝓵𝓸𝓿𝓮 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝔀𝓪𝔂 𝚜̷𝚑̷𝚎̷ 𝚏̷𝚎̷𝚍̷ 𝚑̷𝚎̷𝚛̷𝚜̷𝚎̷𝚕̷𝚏̷ 𝚕̷𝚒̷𝚎̷𝚜̷ ☬༒꧂

"̸̳̘͈͐̑͘S̵̱̩̜̦̼̭̣̭̽̇̂ḙ̷̬͓̫̇̎̆͂͌͘̚ę̶̛̤̗̅͊́̕͝͝͝ ̶̬̗̰͉̺̥̜̞̝̏̓̉̇͑͜ẙ̴̺̋̾ő̸͉͕͇͖̲̥̟̼̂͆̾͜ų̵̡͈͔̘͐̈̂͝,̵̨͈͙͎̪͎̐̑̓͊̐̍̅̓͜ ̸̗̟͚̬̼̓͂̀̂(̴͖̪̙͔̩̉͊͆͒̕͜͝F̵͇̗͔͇̼͍̖̌̊/̶̹̍͑̈́̌̇̀̋̄N̶̥̱͔̟͓͖͑͒̈́̑̐͘)̷̣̜̙͔͉͓̳̟̎̓̄͑̽̆̎̅.̷̛̦͚̟̩͍̼̲̈̿̈́͆͊̈́"̸͙̣͙͓̾̀

"̷w̷h̷a̷t̷ ̷a̷r̷e̷ ̷y̷o̷u̷?̷"̷

end of the second act.