17 - 𝖂𝖔𝖓𝖉𝖊𝖗𝖋𝖚𝖑 𝕿𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖌

I̸̛̞̩̭͖̼̔̑͂̀̊̿͘̕'̵̛̟̦͕̥̹̅̎̏̚̚͝v̵̗̩̉̈́̂̂ḙ̴̢̦̰͚̀͐̈́̈́́̇́̾ ̸̛̣͎͎̼̘̖̤̤̙̤̃͆̀̅l̶̠̳̤̓͊̿o̵͍̯̽͗̌̐̈̀͜͠ṽ̶̘͉̫̂͋͐ę̸̯͇̇̀̒d̷̗̹̯̳̀̔̓̂̽̕̕͝ ̵͈̯̣͙͒̿̈́̀̄̓͠͝y̷̞̲͍̘̐͆̐̿͜ơ̶̗̓͆̍̔̿̍̈́͝ü̴̦̞̖͆̇̀̓ ̵͙͚̟̺̔́̎̕͝f̴̳̋͑̂̌͛o̴̢̨̮̯̼̤͚͑͝r̶̢̭̖͉̜̺͔̙̼̈́́͛̋̚̚͘̚͝ͅ ̵̥͖̏̂͘ş̷͎̓̾o̵͍͕̮̯͔̖͓͑̽̉̍̽͝...

I̸̛̞̩̭͖̼̔̑͂̀̊̿͘̕'̵̛̟̦͕̥̹̅̎̏̚̚͝v̵̗̩̉̈́̂̂ḙ̴̢̦̰͚̀͐̈́̈́́̇́̾ ̸̛̣͎͎̼̘̖̤̤̙̤̃͆̀̅l̶̠̳̤̓͊̿o̵͍̯̽͗̌̐̈̀͜͠ṽ̶̘͉̫̂͋͐ę̸̯͇̇̀̒d̷̗̹̯̳̀̔̓̂̽̕̕͝ ̵͈̯̣͙͒̿̈́̀̄̓͠͝y̷̞̲͍̘̐͆̐̿͜ơ̶̗̓͆̍̔̿̍̈́͝ü̴̦̞̖͆̇̀̓ ̵͙͚̟̺̔́̎̕͝f̴̳̋͑̂̌͛o̴̢̨̮̯̼̤͚͑͝r̶̢̭̖͉̜̺͔̙̼̈́́͛̋̚̚͘̚͝ͅ ̵̥͖̏̂͘ş̷͎̓̾o̵͍͕̮̯͔̖͓̘͑̽̉̍̽͝ ̶̡̫̣̜͔͈͙̜̫̾͛͂̋̽̃͑́̈͌l̶̝̮̜̫̹͇̫̬͗͌͆͐̇̌̾͝ȏ̶̝͚͓̹͍͚̖̦͖͛͊́̚ͅņ̸̛̥̬̼̗̌̌͐͂g̴̡̯̪̹̟̬̫̍́̏ ̸̘̘͙̖͐̏ņ̷̡̙̮̆̓̋̃́̊́̀̑͝o̷̡͕̳̯̭̫̮͂̎͐w̴̜͎̖̜͌͌̅̽͝.̵̯̻̭̭͇͈͖̓̌̈́̂

In truth I wasn't expecting that finding Zhongli would actually be a challenging task. I don't know why but I had the delusion that he would be waiting where I left him at Guyun Stone Forest. However once I went there all that remained was a broken lyre on the ground. It's strings were cruelly bent beyond fixation and the gentle frame was dented and rough.

After I spoke to Zhongli I swore that I would go to fulfill my duties and purpose as a yaksha for two hundred years, the two hundred years that I had served destroying people's lives could now be somewhat made up for. I was not expecting this world to forgive me until I could at least forgive myself for my crimes.

I went around and asked many townsfolk if they had seen any remnants of Zhongli but they all shook their heads with a plain and simple 'no.' Thankfully I was able to gain the information that Zhongli had not returned to his home the past night, so he had to be somewhere out in Liyue.

Even with the excruciating pain I felt in my legs, I pushed forwards, using all my elemental energy to transport myself to location after location. Nothing mattered besides seeing him one last time before I left.

He was not at Guizhong's graze, nor at Liyue harbor or all of western Liyue. Even the many villages had no clue where Zhongli had gone off to. Panic started to rise in my chest.

Suddenly the possibility of me not seeing Zhongli before the moon arose was very possible. After all I could see the slight scarlet tint in the sky already and I had absolutely no idea where the geo archon was.

My legs gave out under me and I fell atop the soft grass, the blades tickling my knees. A puff of air breathed out of my mouth and onto the grass.

I guess fate really is against me, huh?