12 - 𝕱𝖊𝖊𝖑𝖎𝖓𝖌𝖘

For the first time, I was going to visit Guizhong's grave

For the first time, I was going to visit Guizhong's grave. It was heartwarming to be able to see the last memories of my sister before we let her spirit rest in the heavens above.

    Through the pattering rain, me and Zhongli traipsed through the mountain cliffs. It had been two long months since our heartfelt conversation and we could both move around, Zhongli having to use a cane for a majority of the time due to his injured leg. Of course, there was a large long scar over his eye now. Every time I looked at him I felt a guilt course over me.

    Zhongli mostly carried our conversations, and it was nice that we could act like this was normal even though it truly wasn't. We had asked Xiao to come, but he had declined stating that he wanted to stay at the inn for now. It felt strange, walking back along the trail we had walked together just a little while ago. This time, Zhongli didn't carry a loan of sadness with him, though.

    He stopped and held out a hand to me. "This part's difficult to climb, remember?"
    It was strange. It was just like he had held out his hand before, but somehow the look on his face was so much different.

    A warm glow that was never there was now shining. I clasped his hand gently and he hoisted me up beside him.

    "This section is difficult," he walked at a slower pace, shielding his face from my vision, "so we should hold hands for the whole time."

    "Okay, if it's alright," I said.

    I was still in shock that Zhongli had it in him to forgive me after I killed so many. I really didn't deserve the affection that he shared. Was this how Guizhong felt too?
    No. This Zhongli was all mine. She had never seen a Zhongli similar to him in any way, all she saw was him as Rex Lapis. I hoped that deep inside, this Zhongli would stay mine forever and ever.

    I knew it was a foolish wish, but it would be mine and mine alone. Right?

.  .  .

    We set up our camp in the same spot as before.

    "We can properly watch the stars this time," Zhongli smiled before reaching out a hand. "Shall we?"

    "Dummy, we should set up camp," I frowned and slung my satchel onto the ground, pulling out the tent.

    "Wait, we were supposed to bring tents?" Zhongli tilted his head quizzically. "I did not bring one last time.

    "Because you fell asleep on the grass," I muttered under my breath. He had woken up with some bug bites the next morning due to his foolishness.

    "Ah, well I don't have the mora to spare to get one anyways," he scratched the back of his head, "have to save and deposit it, right?"

    I chuckled. "Well, Zhongli, I'll show you how to set up a tent. Guizhong taught me a trick similar to this when I was young.