𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐛𝐮𝐫𝐧

AU Ending of Eps. 31.

-------------------------------------

"tell me why does my heartburn,"

"when I see your face."

"you have made your decisions,"

"put me in my place."

--------------------

There are certain moments in one's life when they feel like their world is collapsing around them in flames, and they are frozen in place, unable to put the fire out, unable to ask for help, and unable to give up. The fire keeps on building around them, and they keep on getting smaller in flames. Their world slowly burns away, and they watch, screaming, yet no one can hear them. Until eventually, either the person succumbs to the flames, or their cries are heard and they find themselves saved.

But for Eda, the burning room never ended. The flames kept on getting hotter, burning, marking her skin every single day since Serkan had returned with his memory lost. Each time she felt like water could come and douse some of the warmth when she saw Serkan looking at her with love or saw him trying to remember, the flames retaliated more, and she was burned 10x worse.

She tried to put ointment on to soothe the pain. Unfortunately, the ointment seemed to be of the wrong kind. Eda realized this when Deniz looked at her with gleaming eyes and his fingers wrapped around wedding invitations for their wedding. Eda tried to soothe the burns with the ointment again and was tempted to agree and keep going with the petty game. Until she looked up and saw her reflection in the mirror across. The pain that shone through her beautiful eyes. It caught her off guard. It was as if someone finally shook her and snapped her out of her false hope. And Eda finally succumbed to the flames.

"Kusura bakma Deniz, but no. It is time for me to be truthful."

For a moment, Eda saw the devastation creep into her friend's eyes and wanted to change her following words. But there was no more hope for her to have or give. Looking at him for a quick second, she turned to the room and decided to end all at once. With her last bit of strength, she confessed,

"Deniz and I are not or were never engaged. I started a game to try something and it has gone too far for me to continue. In fact, all of this has been too much. And that is why I am going to be leaving."

Gasps and protests started across the room, but Eda ignored them as she moved towards Melo and Ceren for the last time. Holding the hands of her two best friends, she said, "I am so grateful for the two of you. All my life the only people who cared for me more than anything are you guys and I hope that the world gives you all the happiness you deserve. Please let me go now. I can no longer stand to take more burns. I will call you in a few days after I have made myself a new home. Please do not follow me after this. I love you a lot."

"Dada, please don't do this. We cannot be without you!" Melo exclaimed and threw herself at Eda. Ceren, too shocked to speak, looked at Eda and realized how serious her friend was before joining Melo and hugging Eda tightly.

Pulling away, Eda let out a small laugh. No matter what, they would always be her family. "I will be in touch with you guys. Soz."

"I will be giving the power to make decisions for the company in my place to Ferit and Engin. This means that the shares I own will stay with me and I will continue to work from the London or Italy branch. I will be sending a lawyer to handle the business today before I leave. Otherwise there is nothing else left for me to say other than goodbye. Thank you for being an amazing team and I wish the best for all of you."

With that announcement, Eda turned around and was walking to the exit when he had to interrupt.

"So, that's it Eda Hanim? You are just going to leave?" Serkan stood there, his hands wrapped around the waist of another and a half-frown marking his lips. Eda shook her head with a soft smile at the irony that life kept throwing at her and decided to finally say goodbye to the one person she had been avoiding.

"It is Serkan Bey. As you can see, I have made clear arrangements for how things will be handled at the company. Where I will be handling the business from is none of your concern. If you need to contact me for business reasons, you can convey your message to Engin or Ferit and they will let me know. Otherwise there is nothing else. Congratulations on your engagement. I wish you happiness."

"And what if I need to speak with you for personal reasons?" And there it was. That one small splash of water in the burning room of flames. If only it would be enough to put everything out and erase the pain Eda felt. She let out a small smile before replying, "I don't think there will ever be a reason for us to speak again personally Serkan."

Eda glanced at the man she called hers once and felt her heart shatter to pieces once again, seeing his confused and vulnerable face. She knew he cared and loved her deep down somewhere, but it had been covered up by manipulation and lies, too much to be recovered. And Eda had accepted that her Serkan would never come back and only wished for his happiness. But she couldn't leave without saying one last thing.

"I silenced the world for you to speak Serkan and you couldn't hear anything. My love, I tried to fight but you have made your decision and put me in my place. But even though my heart burns, I still wish you the best of the happiness in this world because of deserve it, even if it's not with me."

Eda stared into the eyes of Serkan as she uttered her final goodbye.

"I hope one day you can see me with your heart again, and not your eyes."

And turning around with her head held high and silent tears streaming down her cheeks, Eda left the man she loved more than anything in the world. And for the first time ever, she chose herself.

She let herself burn away gracefully and leave behind a different, new person, still broken but not shattered.

Behind her, Serkan silently watched a part of him walk away as he felt his heart shatter tragically, and the last pieces of the scrambled puzzle in his brain finally came together.

He had finally driven the most important person to him in this world away. And there was nobody else to blame.

---------------------------------

Notes:

I apologize for this very late and angsty shot 🥺 but i couldn't help myself. i do hope eda spends some time away from everyone to heal after the hell she has been through and takes care of herself. anyways hopefully u enjoyed this and lmk if you would like to see a continuation from this part or read a domestic edser one. thanku for all the love and support u guys are sending my way and it means sm to me 💖 see u soon!

love, nysa