𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 (2)

Highly requested continuation of the last part. Enjoy!

------------------------------

The next morning the two lovers awoke from the first peaceful slumber in two months wrapped up in each other's arms. And although they needed to end the games that were going on behind their backs, the two couldn't help but ignore the world and simply bask in each other. It felt as though they could breathe again wholly after spending months apart.

A couple hours later, Eda and Serkan let go of each other reluctantly as Serkan dropped Eda off at her house. Neither wanted to let go, but it was necessary for the plan in Serkan's mind. Driving to his apartment quickly, he changed in record time and called a housekeeper to empty his house of traces of Selin. There weren't many other than the small items she had dropped everywhere on purpose, staking her claim on him when he had never been hers in the first place. Thankfully, he still had boxes of Eda's things in his hidden room, where he had found himself traveling to sleep most nights after the nightmares woke him up.

Serkan's plan was simple; public humiliation to the point where Selin would never dare to mess with him again. It was cruel and harsh, but he didn't care anymore. So Serkan called the press not just one team but people from everywhere, enough to make sure the news would be published worldwide. Of course, 10 minutes later, Selin called him, to which he picked up the phone and replied to her questions about the press in his sweetest voice. His reason; it was time for him to announce to the world about his marriage to Selin and the date he had in mind to surprise her.

His only hope was that Eda trusted him enough to let him put everything into action.

Before Eda left for the office, she and Deniz were finished, and she had made sure to put him in his place. He had rebelled, of course; confessed his love saying he would be much better for her than Serkan, and Eda had simply stared at him until he shut up. Before leaving, Eda had made sure to let him know that a man who loves someone doesn't kiss other people or play with their lover's feelings for their own selfishness. They let go of the people they cannot hold and let them find their other halves without getting in their way. She wished him well against all circumstances and left feeling a burden coming off her shoulders.

When she arrived at the office, the press had crowded the place. Getting out of the car, she quietly joined the office workers silently and looked around for Serkan. A part of her was afraid that it had all been nothing and that Serkan would go back to being his old self with Selin. She wondered if that insecurity would ever leave her. The other part of her that was her heart that firmly believed no matter what, Serkan would not do that to her, and no matter what, she trusted him.

Serkan scanned the crowd quickly, a grimace hidden behind his smile as he felt Selin's hand pressed into his. He looked at Eda and gave her a quick blink and smile before turning to Selin and putting his plan into motion.

"Merhaba, everyone. Amid everything that has happened, I wanted to take a moment in front of everyone to confess my love for one woman. Looking towards Selin, he let out a full smile before patting her hand and letting go. He looked at the crowd confidently, pausing to make sure everyone could hear and see what he was doing clearly. "This woman has been the strongest person I have ever known and has stood by my side constantly and consistently through everything. When we first met, I never imagined that she would have such a beautiful impact on me and make me a happier man. I truly owe everything to her and cannot live without her."

Serkan started walking forward slowly, his eyes now trained on Eda's face, which had tears streaming down. He let out a soft smile, walking surely and confidently towards the woman of his life, the flashes around him starting to go off even more. Reaching Eda, he gently tugged her hands into his and brought her into him as his lips descended on hers slowly. And time stopped. Everything around them turned into a blur as the only thing the two partners could focus on was each other.