Tell me Goodbye.

Toni's trying to keep up with Marty. "What do you mean? What happened? How did you sober up so quick?" Toni asks grabbing the things Marty is handing to her. "I started drinking water when you left. And I wasn't shit faced like you guys." Martha says grabbing some snacks. "We have to go over there. Everyone's to trashed and her family is away till Monday." Marty explains.

They get in the car as fast as they can. "You should call Shelby. Tell her what happened." Martha says pulling out of the drive way. "I don't even know what happened." Toni says. She also doesn't really think Shelby wants to talk to her right now.

Toni's head is killing her. She can't get the images of Regan out her head. Regan. She was in a car crash. Because of her. Her thoughts get the better of her and she's lost in the memory now.

Last Year:

Regan gets in the car. God she was looking great that night. She got all dressed up just to go to a house party. Toni watches her put some more lipstick on in the rear view mirror.

"You ready?" Regan says with a smile. Toni use to love that smile. "Yea let's get going." She says offering Regan her hand.

Regan takes it and starts the car. They end up at the party only 7 minutes later. It was packed. The weekend before finals week were for juniors and seniors to have some fun. They would have huge party at rich peoples houses and try to forget.

Toni and Regan have fun. They dance they kiss. They play beer pong with some friends and Regan laughs at how bad Toni is doing. "I thought I was dating the best basketball player." Regan says which earns her a playful shove. Toni remembers Regan was stressed out. How she was thinking after the party she could help her out with that. Then they would watch the rest of whatever movie was playing in the background and kiss. That was a usually Saturday night. The best nights Toni has had for a while.

Regan made her happy. She practically lived with her. Her foster parents didn't give a shit about were she was. And Regans parents were so nice to let her stay there.

Toni was drunk very drunk and Regan knew it was time to drag Toni out of the party. Regan knew when Toni has had to much.

Toni pleads to stay a little while longer but they end up on the sidewalk in front of the house. Toni can't remember how. It gets pretty hazing around here. She remembers the guys. Those stupid fucking guys who wouldn't leave them alone. They walked behind them all the way to there car. Regan mostly dragging Toni by the hand.

She remembers lunging at the guy with the mustache and remembers the pain right after he punch her in the gut. She remembers hearing Regan yelling at her.

The next thing she remembers is being in the car. Regan telling her to calm down and it was over. "Don't tell me to calm down!" Toni yells. Which Regan starts yelling back. Toni remembers hearing the hit. The front window glass shatter. She remembers hearing Regan scream and her own voice yelling for Regan.

Then she remembers waking up in the hospital. Waiting to hear about Regan. Remembers the look Marty gave her when she comes back into the room. Remembers the tears that were already streaming down her face when Marty starts.

"Hey." Toni snaps out of her thoughts. "Are you okay?" Martha looks very concerned. "Yea. Yea I'm just- I need some water if you have any?" Martha hands her some water.

She thinks she done with the memory when Martha is switching threw the stations and a song she can never forget comes on:

Tell me you love me for a million years
Then if it don't work out.
Then if it don't-

Martha eyes go wide as she switches it off. She looks back to the road.

She tries to remember the good times at first. The parking in empty parking lots and slow dancing. Going to there favorite restaurant and ordering a strawberry milkshake and burgers. She remembers the way her hair was soft and smelled like coconut. The way she would curl into Toni and Toni would fall asleep feeling perfect.

Last Year:

It's been a month since the crash. She gets out of the car. This is the first time she has rode in a car in a month She was scared but she wouldn't admit it. She would say she wanted to work out more and run or walk to school or work. Lucky everywhere she needed to go was in walking distance. The Blackburn's knew it was a lie but let her.

She walks up to a door she missed. She has been dreading this part. But she needs the stuff inside of here. She has a cigarette box in here that has small mementos that means a lot to her. Not to mention she probably needs this for herself. To try and over come this.

She knocks on the door and backs away mentally preparing for what is about to happen.

She tries her best to keep it together for Regans parents. She walks in and is surprised to be greeted with a hug from Regans mom. "Oh it's so great to see you are doing good." Regan's mom says looking her up and down. Toni says hello. Ask how there doing. They give the lies that there doing good. Act excited about moving soon. Toni understands.

She goes into Regans room. What was Regans room. She gets all of her stuff which isn't much. She sits on Regan's bed. She find herself laying on the bed curled up crying after a couple minutes. Regan was her girlfriend and she loved her. She gathers herself and walks out at the last minute grabbing Regans leather jacket.

"You mind if I borrow this?" Toni says not really knowing where or who she's talking to. She walks into the living rooms saying one last goodbye to Regans parents. She can see there getting emotional and tries not to cry while she walks out.

But if you must go oh,
I won't tell you no
Just so that we can say we tried
Tell me you love me for a millions years
Then if it don't work out
Then you can tell me
Goodbye.

Song is Then You Can Tell Me Goodbye - The Casinos
———————————————————————————
Hey I told you guys it's gonna be short. Anyway it was kinda of a backstory filler but whatever. I was wondering you guys like the titles or if I should start just putting the chapter number please let me know! And I hope you enjoyed it as much as you can. Regan dying is very sad I know. But idk it just kinda of came to me so yea. Anyway have a wonderful day or night! I love you all! 💕✨