Hell is Other People

Leahs POV:

Leah wakes up to the now familiar surroundings of Fatins bedroom. She searching without looking for her phone that's is blaring  an alarm she doesn't seem to remember she has set.

She finds her phone and lifts her head blinking a few times to see through blurry vision the words "breakfast with gals". She's puts her head back into her pillow with a small groan.

She has forgotten about breakfast today. It's Saturday and the girls have decided to make that there official 'hang out' day. No body is ever busy on Saturday's.

She turns her alarm on snooze and turns around. She feels two arms wiggle there way around her waist and up her shirt.

"Fatin it's to early for this." Leah says faced away from her girlfriend. "It's never to early Rilke." Said girlfriend protests.

Leah turns around and is met with a sleepy Fatin. "We have to get up and go to breakfast love." Leah presses a small peck to the side of Fatins lips. "Ughhhhh why did we decide to do breakfast." Fatin turns to lay on her back. Leah then curls into Fatin kissing her neck and shoulder. "Same question I'm asking myself."

"Should we ditch them?" Fatin turns to face her girlfriend. " I know better things to do." Fatin says which earns her a proper morning kiss. "Get up."

They get up taking a shower together and walking into the kitchen for a coffee before heading out to the a local breakfast diner.

~~~~~

Leah and Fatin find themselves being second to the last to show up to the diner. Everyone is sitting down and chatting about some new student that has transferred. "He's not bad looking." Martha adds to the conversation. "Martha cheating isnt the way to go. " Fatin says while sitting down. Leah takes a seat next to Fatin and Toni. "We're just waiting for Shelby." Dot says. "Well she better hurry up because I'm hungry and tired and need a coffee." Rachel says when the waiter almost on cue walks towards the table with five coffees.

Leah scans the tables Rachel and Nora are sitting together. Rachel talking about how she's signed up to teach kids how to swim. Nora is sitting and observing as usual. She notices Martha listening to Rachel. How she is absentmindedly rubbing something in the booth. Rachel is now talking more aggressively about how the kids can't wrap there minds around some concept. 

Dot and Fatin are talking about some sort of promise they made to go to the same college. Leah has heard a lot about this and it is assumed she will also be attending. Which is something she is not sure of.

Then there's Toni. Who is quietly sitting on the inside of the booth. She's adjusting a bracelet on her arm. And fiddling with it and repeating the process.

Toni looks bothered. Not that she hasn't been looking bothered for the past week. Every since Monday she's been distant. She's never been the type to really be a part of a conversation but she's been more distant that usual. She's stopped faked gaging whenever someone mentions a new guy. She's stopped rudely dipping her fries in other peoples ketchup or commenting on how the school sucks or the lunch taste like cardboard.

Leah finds this intriguing more than anything. She seems not to be the only one that notices. Martha gives her concerned glances and dot seems to look over whenever the topic turns to something Toni might enjoy.

But Leah can't get it out of her head. And she continues to wonder until Shelby walks into the diner. She walks in immediately walking toward the table and sitting down next to Dot. "My lord sorry I'm so late." She says. Suddenly Toni goes stiff beside Leah. And Leah is now so much more aware of what is happening. Sure Toni and her have talked about it a little but there's has been no other conversation besides the small talk by the pool.