SIX|Schoolgirl

"This is so good, Aurora! Thank you!" I say,  my mouth full of the breakfast she made for me this morning.

"Of course," she smiles at me. "I am on duty now, so I have to go. Put your dishes in the sink, hun." I nod at her instruction as she comes over to me and pecks my forehead.

"Remember, you're taking the bus there and back! It comes at 6:45." Aurora lets me know before walking out of the door. I get up and rinse my dishes in the sink then look at myself in the foyer mirror. My phone rings and I look to see Eddy calling.

"Good morning my baby." Eddy says after I pick up.

"Good morning, Daddy." I say, pouting because I'm not with him. I definitely have attachment issues at this point.

"I love that uniform on you, and that new hairstyle you got. What are they called? Triangle cube braids?" He praises me. I look around for a camera rather than answer him.

"And that ass! Whew." He says after I turn around. I walk back to the mirror and notice that the center of the main design on the trim of the mirror has to be the camera.

I smile and blow a kiss toward the mirror.

"I have to go put my shoes on, I'll see you later." I speak into the phone.

"Of course, baby." He hangs up.
—————————————————
As I enter the courtyard of the school, I remind myself of my objective: gather intel on the son of a gang leader here in Miami. All I have as of now is his name, his father being a highly targeted man means his privacy is well enforced. Our team could not find any pictures, records nor family history on the boy.
It makes sense he's enrolled at this esteemed private school.

I get settled into my first class and observe my surroundings. I haven't been around people my age in so long, I can't help but feel left out as they all talk to one another. This class must be seniors only because everyone seems to know each other. This is likely since this school is K-12.

"Man this nigga is always late!" A basketball player sitting in front of me yells, exasperated. A friend of his with a digital camera around his neck and big, curly hair and a long nose laughs at his antics. His hobby is obviously photography.

The teacher walks in soon after and he carries a satchel across his chest.

"Welcome to your first day! I know most of you folks already," he says surveying the room, "yet there are a few new faces..." he trails off. "Since it's the first day, I still have a few things to send to student services. I have a worksheet for you all to work on up here and the answers are posted on Canvas." I like the way this teacher works. I smirk to myself and pull a mechanical pencil out.

"Hello, Ms. Turow." The teacher approaches my desk. "Could you take this down to room 346 for me? Since you're new I figured it would help you get used to the campus! It's right next to the media center." I smile appreciatively and nod my head at him. I take the paper work and head toward the 300 building.

As soon as I open the door to the classroom, I hear the name – Liam Banner. I try to keep a normal facial expression since students are looking at me now and Liam has undoubtedly been taught to recognize suspicious encounters. Yet my eyes widen when I see that Nina, the woman I met at the sëx toy store, was teaching.

She looks at me and blushes, but finishes up taking attendance. I walk to her when she's done, handing her the papers. "Hello, Quinn." She smiles at me. I send her an awkward smile and squeeze my hands. "Mr. Phillip sent this." She rolls her eyes and opens the envelope, peeking into it slightly.

I turn to leave, but remember I have an opening on intel. Turning back, I approach Nina – or rather Ms. Matthews. "Could I eat with you during lunch? I don't know many people here and I heard finding a seat could be tough." I ask her. She smiles and grabs a hall pass to fill out.

"Of course! You might be the first person I actually like in this school." She mutters under her breath. While she's writing, I look around the room, noting the faces of all the guys in the room. I smile at her again when she finishes and hands me the pass.
————————————————
As I enter Nina's room for lunch, I pull a chair up to her desk and get straight to the point.

"Hi Nina, I'm a great judge of character – something we can get into later. I need you to tell me who Liam Banner is." I tell her, leaning across my lunch bag.

She looks at me for a second in bewilderment then narrows her eyes. "I'm not putting my innocent students in danger." She states.

"Exactly, so tell me – better yet – show me who the kid is. His dad is a threat to this whole city...at least I think he is." I don't know the specifics of this reconnaissance.

Nina looks around, making sure the room is fully vacated, and leans even closer to me across the desk. "I'll do it, only in exchange for my safety. I want guaranteed protection." I lean back and cock an eyebrow up.

"You realize I can just come in here tomorrow and call out his name to see who answers to it?" She chuckles in actual amusement and says the last thing I'd expect her to say, "You don't think he'd find that suspicious? A new student comes into his class and asks for him? You'd be on their watch list for at least a month.." She tilts her head and leans back in her chair, keeping eye contact with me.

I genuinely don't know what to say because I'm now wary of her past and any possible mob or gang affiliations she's had. But my instinct NEVER lies and it's likely she's in actual danger.

"I'll talk to Edoardo and see to it that your request is granted."

"Yeah girl, put that coochie on him real good!" She teases me. I topple over in laughter, this lady is hell.

"You're so bold, Nina, honestly. We're supposed to be serious right now. A white teacher using AAVE is not a common occurrence." I smile at her.

"We're partners now, ma'am. No formalities are necessary." She jokes with me and checks her Apple Watch. "Oop! Lunch is almost over, I have to set up this assignment for my next class, want to help?" She asks.

I nod and go into her office with her to gather the supplies.
–——————————————–
I apologize for the delay, ya girl is a college student now! I remember starting this series in the summer before my 7th grade year😭
Be on the lookout for more smut😋
Happy Juneteenth!✊🏾
06/19/21