FIVE|New Face

You guys deserve a long chapter😘:

By the next week, we're in Miami and settling into a quaint little suburban home. The house was already furnished and Eddy is going to take me shopping for clothes since I couldn't bring much on the plane.

"You know we could've driven here. Then we wouldn't have to be here wasting so much money." I say to Edoardo while skimming through clothing racks.

"Money is a state of mind, my darling." He says from behind me.

"I'm pretty sure you used that statement wrong." I reply, rolling my eyes. I don't find anything I like so we leave the store to go somewhere else. On the way out, I spot a Spencer's and start dragging Eddy there. I glance back at his agitated face with a small smirk.

I go in excitedly and head straight to the back, specifically searching for vibrators. When I get to the aisle, a blonde lady is already standing there, slim and stylish. She notices me and blushes, putting down the toy she was examining.

"Lonely?" I ask, assuming that's why she's in here.

"Unsatisfied." She replies. I glance up at her and look back down...then back to her. We burst out laughing.

"Please tell me you're with them for a better reason, though." I say.

"He's a good person." She says. I look down, Eddy's not a good person at all. She notices my change of mood and smiles at me, her green eyes inviting.

"The heart wants what it wants. My name's Nina by the way." She smiles to me reassuringly. Before I could reply, I hear a commotion near the front and see Edoardo taking a threatening stance over one of the clerks.

"I'll see you around." I say quickly, heading towards Edoardo.

"You worrying about my girl's age makes me think you're attracted to her. Are you attracted to her?" He says to the man through gritted teeth.

"No, I just need to be sure she's 18 or older!" The clerk snaps back. His attitude may literally get him killed.

"Eddy, he's right. Let's just go." I say, running my hand down his back in the soothing manner he loves.

Instead of walking out, he drags the man to the employee lounge and his security stops his coworker from following us.

"Eddy stop!" I whisper out. He throws the man on the floor and pulls out his gun, throwing it on the couch. The guy scoots away from the couch.

"Oh no, that accessory is only for intimidation, you should be concerned about me." Edoardo says, grinning like a psychopath.

"Man, fuck you! You're on the security footage and there are witnesses out there!" He states. I was disappointed in the fact that Eddy could easily make both disappear.

"I'm either going to kill him or ruin his life. Which one, Quinn?" Edoardo asks, looking back at me as if those were the only options.

"Don't kill him." I say, glancing down, then to the man on the floor. Eddy chuckles has one of his men push the man to the ground onto his knees. Eddy proceeds to precisely punch him in certain pressure points so he is temporarily paralyzed.

He then pulls out a thin knife and stabs it into the man's neck.

"What I am doing here is cutting into your vocal cords. I believe you talk back too much. Just call it a favor to anyone you're around." Edoardo explains to the man, focusing intensely.

Before Eddy could cause any more damage I bend down next to him and pull his knife out of his hands. There's probably only one way I could save this man's livelihood.