Moving on is never easy

Ethan and Hope are laughing and chatting, getting to know each other better. There is this instant connection between each other, sparks are flying high.

'That makes so much sense as to why you do football. A boy with anger issues' She laughs, mocking him.

'Hey at least I'm good at it. Unlike you who failed to throw a ball during the first round' Ethan aforesaid, sarcastically.

'Hey you know me it's not my thing. It's not me!' Playfully she hits his arm.

'Hey woah okay!' He laughs.

'No it is not you like to be the one to tell people what to do ' He junctured looking up at her sparkling dazzling eyes.

'You're such a-

'A what huh-

'A-

They both laugh in a flirty way, gazing at each other eyes. Hope is about to answer when Ethan's football friends come, to ruin their precious moment.

'Hey man, if you don't stop that flirting we'll be late to practice. Do you want to be be QB or no?' His football friends call him over.

'Yeah I'm coming' He shouts to them which for some reason made Hope blush.

'Hey Hope see you again?' Ethan turns to face Hope.

'I Hope so. It would be great to see you again' Hope smiles.

Meanwhile, Alaric is in his office with a glass of bourbon in one hand and a phone to his ear in the other. He sips but more like gulping the bourbon and puts the glass on the table. He takes the phone next to his ear as he calls the number and it rings but there is no answer so he sends a voice mail instead.

'Hey Mac, it's me Alaric. I guess you wouldn't have expected to hear from me. But here I am calling you. I'm sorry it took so long. But considering the circumstances here, it has been hectic lately. Not that you like to hear about all this supernatural drama but things around here are bad. The school is in a bad position and if we don't find any new students we could be forced to shut down. I wish you were here to tell me it'll be okay. I erm... I Miss you, Mac. Please call me back' He sighs as he puts the phone down on his desk.

Meanwhile, after Ethan leaves, Hope goes to look for Lizzie. To which she finds her sitting on the bench, dejected. 

'Lizzie what's wrong?' Hope requested, concerned for her friend as she sits beside her.

'I told MG that I had feeling for him and he left without saying a word to me' Lizzie puts her head over her arms.

'Aww Lizzie come over here' Hope consoles her by giving her a hug.

'I was so stupid. He loved me too early and I loved him too late. What if this affects our friendship and I've lost all that I've worked so hard for' She leans into hopes shoulder.

'You're not stupid.'

'But what I do know is that things are changing but this- me and you will never change' Hope leans on Lizzie shoulder.

'I know' She glanced at hope and smiles. With that one look they know what each other are saying without even saying it because they are even more than just bestfriends they are like sisters and sisters are family, Always and Forever.

'Come on, Lizzie. Let's get you home and we can drown all our sorrows over a bowl of ice cream. What do you say?' Lizzie beckoned her head and they both get up and start walking back to the Salvatore school.

'Now, enough talking about me. Tell me all about what's going on between you and Ethan' Lizzie asserted after they had been walking for five minutes straight.