♡valentine's Day♡

Y/n's POV :
"Tomorrow's valentine's day" shawn said as we were lying on the couch.

"Yeah I'm aware" I replied patting my puppy.

"Got any plans?" He asked. "Nothing special" I shrugged. "It's gonna be just me and my little baby" i said. "Who?" He frowned. "I was referring to my puppy " i chuckled. "Oh.." he sighed. "What about you shawnie boy" i asked. "You need to stop calling me" he complained. "Why? It's cute." I giggled but he just rolled his eyes. "So who's it's gonna be this year? Hayley? Amy? Orr alice...oh or.." i started. "It's not funny" he replied. "I'm sorry that there's a lot of them" i laughed. "Yeah whatever" he rolled his eyes. "Why so moody" i said. "Well it's just.. i don't know" he shook his head. "What?" I asked. "I don't wanna spend valentine's day alone" he said. "Well welcome to the club" i said earning a chuckle from him. "I don't mind of you wanna come tomorrow, we can watch movies and eat pizza.. you know like the good old days" i suggested. "Really? Wouldn't i interrupting your date with your puppy" he raised his eyebrows. "I'm sure she's okay with that, right baby?" I asked her. And he just laughs.
"So see you tomorrow ?" He said standing up. "See you tomorrow" i smiled as i watched him leave.

*tomorrow night*

"Heyy.. I'm glad you made it" i cheered as i opened the door.

"Oh my god... awh you brought tarzan with you?" I said in awe.

"I kinda felt bad for your puppy so.. i brought her a date" he said rubbing tarzan. "They're so cute" i said as we watched them together. "I ship!" i jumped and he just tilted his head while laughing. "C'mon " i said leading him to the living room. "That looks cosy" he said. "I know, right? I spend the whole evening decorating it" i said.

"What movie do you wanna watch" i asked him as we got under the blankets all settled in. "I don't know.. maybe a romantic movie?" He suggested. "Ughh you know how much they get on my nerves. I was thinking maybe science fiction or thriller" i said. "Woah too much romantic for valentine's day" he giggled. "Fine. Let's watch one romantic movie." I rolled my eyes.
Before the movie started i brought the pizza and the drinks. And it felt just so good being with my childhood best friend again.. although i hated that movie

Shawn's POV:

"Can't believe it the ending was so predictable" y/n sighed as the movie ended. "But it was cute though" I chuckled. "That's why i hate romantic movies. Like they're so predictable and cliché. I don't get why some people do love them." She explained. "And what to like about thrillers and science fiction." I teased her. "Excuse me!" She gulped. "That's my point. Like you can never imagine what's gonna happen. Like everything is imaginary. There's always a loophole. You could never know what's gonna happen next, The cliffhangers.. ahh i love them so much and.." she continued trying to prove her point but i was too focused on her excitement talking about things she loves than actually listening what she's saying.

"Sure.." i smiled. "You don't care, do you?" She sighed. "I don't.." i replied. "but i care that you care" i added. "Good" she smiled.

"These two seem to get on so well" she said looking at tarzan and her puppy. "How ironic even my puppy has a date and i don't " she laughed. "Well I'm enjoying our little date" i smirked. "Very funny shawn" she rolled her eyes. "What?" I laughed. "This isn't a date. This is friends hanging out" she said. "Ouch" i replied acting like i was hurt.

"Who was your best valentine date" i asked resting my head on the couch. "No one" he replied. "What? Are they all bad?" I chuckled. "No i meant I've never really had a valentine's date." She said. "Before you ask, my ex boyfriend dumped me right before valentine's date" she laughed but i could see her cheeks heat up. "But thank you.. you kinda made it up for me this year" she smiled. "Me too. I missed hanging out with you " i said.
"Do..you remember when we were about 12... that promise we made?" I asked. "Which one? We made so many" she chuckled. "The one where.. we promised each other that if we're by the time of 40 and if we're still single we'll marry each other?" I mumbled. "Oh...I do" she looked down. "What reminds you of that" she asked. "I don't know" i laughed hiding my embarrassment. "Are you still up for that" i pushed for that. "What are you trying to say mendes" she leaned over her elbow. And i just stayed silent while smiling like an idiot. "You're acting weird" she said. "So stop dancing around the point and tell me what's going on in that head of yours" she looked me in the eyes. "Have you ever thought about me..differently " i asked. "What do you mean" she said. "You know exactly what i mean" i replied watching her blushing."have you?" She asked ignoring my question. "Yeah.." i replied watching her eyes go wide open.

"I mean if weren't best friends. Will you have a crush on me?" I smirked. "Shawn stop it. You're being really weird" she replied. "Oh C'mon I'm just curious" i shrugged. "Fine. Yes" she mumbled. " excuse me?I didn't hear that very well" i teased her. "Stop it!" She giggled while punching me playfully. "Let's watch the next movie shall we?" She asker trying to change the subject. "Whatever you say" i said.
Halfway through the movie i could feel her rest her head on my shoulder so i just put my arms around her pulling her closer. "I'm happy, you know?" I said. "For what" she said looking up to me. "For spending valentine's day with my favourite person on the whole planet" i said. "You better be" she replied making me laugh out loud. "I love you, you know that right" i smiled. "I love you too " she answered before paying attention to the movie again.
And that, my friends was the best night of my life.