04.

On Monday Ushijima walked through the school gates surprised not to see Akari there already waiting for him to greet him good morning and then skip off to her friends

On Monday Ushijima walked through the school gates surprised not to see Akari there already waiting for him to greet him good morning and then skip off to her friends. Instead, he heard the said girl scream his name from behind followed by the sound of Goshiki calling her a cheater. He turned around to face the chaos seeing Akari run up to him at full speed arms open once again. She ended up bumping into the lower part of his chest and stumbled back. Ushijima was quick to grab her shoulders helping her stand straight again before walking away.

Akari turned to face Goshiki gushing over the fact that Ushijima had saved her once again. Goshiki rolled his eyes at how dramatic she was being even he wasn’t that bad when fanboying over his idol.  She thought that Ushijima was beginning to warm up to her but that was not the case. During practice she followed him as he practiced alone praising how hot he was only to have him tell her to leave him alone; and as the week continued, he seemed to be ignoring her more and more.

. . .

On Tuesday morning Goshiki came stumbling into the gym with Akari on his back seeing as though he had lost to rock, paper, scissors, she jumped off his back running to Ushijima who played no attention to her dramatic entrance. “Ushijima will you kiss me?” she made a kiss face leaning closer to the taller boy. Ushijima merely walked away to another corner of the gym leaving the girl who was still making kissy faces at him.

Her kissy face was then replaced by a smirk as she ran to Ushijima once again. “You didn’t say no, does that mean you are going to kiss me?” she exclaimed rather loudly as she cupped her face. “No. Please leave me alone I need to practice.” He stated monotonously before practicing with one of the other team members.

. . .

On Wednesday Akari barged into the third years classroom asking for her crush. The boy groaned quietly with his head on the desk at the noise. “Ushijima-san I heard you had a headache, so I got you some painkillers.” She whispered stroking his hair lightly seeing as though he didn’t raise his head. With that she skipped out happily slightly worried about the giant.

During practice Ushijima had gone to the extent to practicing on the field outside to avoid Akari not having the energy to deal with her. Instead, the said girl despite hating the cold stole Goshikis jacket wrapping it tightly around her watching ushijima practice.

She continued to ramble on shivering as she did so but denied to go back inside. “Ushijima-san are you hot chocolate because you make me feel all warm inside.” She giggled into her sweater paws only to receive no reaction again.  She stroked her chin as she thought hard of another pick up line her tied up locks flowing in the wind. “Are you a volleyball? Because I would hit on you all night.” She gave him another wink, but he simply turned away. The cold eventually got to Akari, so she happily waved him goodbye and went to go speak to Tendou inside.

. . .

Thursday rolled around and since it was raining Ushijima could no longer practice outside. Akari sat on the bench closest to where he was practicing skimming through one of the books she had been asked to read. “Ushijima-san. When are you going to take me out on a date?” she sighed looking up at the taller boy who ignored her gaze. “You didn’t say no, so is that yes?” she asked hoping to hear a few words come out his mouth but to her avail he simply acted like she was not there.

. . .

Friday was the worst of all along with acting like she was not there whenever he saw her outside or in the halls, he would turn the other way seeing as though if he continued to walk that way she would hold out her arms begging for a reaction even if it was him telling her to leave him alone. Before practice had started, she had already used three pick up lines on him screaming them since he wasn’t in talking distance with her; the other students around her pitied her for falling for a guy like him.

Yes, ushijima had many admires, even receiving love letters and confessions which he would take his time to read for the effort they had put in but no one had ever become as persistent as Akari seeing as the boy cared about one thing and one thing only- volleyball.

Akari came running into the gym tripping over her own legs being the clumsy girl she was. She smiled when she saw Ushijima on the other side of the gym giving her a small glance. “If you want, I’ll be on my knees for you all night.” She cried out holding her hands up in the air as she winked at Ushijima who turned away. This time he had understood the sexual joke as he had asked Tendou to educate him a little on this topic after the first time she had made these types of jokes. Ushijima let out a small sigh facing the wall no one noticing him doing so seeing the girl still on her knees.