08.

“My morning would have started better if I had woken up in your arms

“My morning would have started better if I had woken up in your arms.” Akari popped up from behind Ushijima. He wasn’t really surprised to see her and continued to make his way to school. Akari shrugged cracking jokes with Tendou who had decided to wait for her.

. . .

“Ushijimaaa! I’m cold hug me.” The same girl ran towards the tall figure who blatantly looked down at her unamused. The girl continued to look at him with adoring eyes, so he handed her his jacket telling her not to disturb him again. The girl wasn’t even cold but she happily wore his jacket drowning in it due to the size difference, but she didn’t complain. His jersey had a strong scent of vanilla which was masculine in a way and she breathed in taking in the scent.

. . .

“Babe, I’m still waiting for our date.” Akari faked a frown as Ushijima continued to help Goshiki with spiking. Goshiki gave Akari a glare for disturbing but the girl shrugged adoring the buff figure once again.

. . .

Ushijima drank some water from his water bottle exhausted from the long practice he just had. Akari happily sat next to him holding a towel for him. “Ushijima, you know your body is made up of 70% water and guess what I’m thirsty.” She let out her usual bubbly laugh leaving him before he could lecture her about making dirty comments like this.

. . .

“Ushijima you know I have other balls for you to hit so we can check your strength.” She snickered. The comment made Semi the bystander choke on his water, leaving a pool of water on the floor. Akari laughed at his reaction complaining to Ushijima that’s how she wanted him to react.

In this way a month passed Akari still persistent as she was the first day. The coach was rather surprised but still felt she would give up eventually. Akari sat on her desk during lunch facing her friends who sat behind her. Akari snickered at her friend who had a crush on one of the boys in another class and she made a quick reminder to ask Shirabu about him seeing as though they were in the same class. From her peripheral vision she saw the large giant she had grown to love walk past. She jumped off her desk running out the door so she could catch Ushijima before he passed her classroom.

She slid against the floor, her shoes squeaking in the process as she managed to stop right in front of Ushijima. Her sudden appearance surprised Ushijima and he looked down to see who it was. His eyes squinted at seeing Akari with glasses for the first time and he realised it made her look like a quiet girl. She noticed his eyes scan her face and she realised she was still wearing her glasses. “What do I look like a hot nerd.” She smirked holding on the rim of her glasses on one side posing for him.

Tendou who happened to be behind his large friend popped up smiling and nodding at his friend. She made a kissy face in Tendou’s direction the red hair playing along by acting as though he fainted. His reaction seemed to please Akari, so she clapped her hands in delight. This was one of the many reasons as to why Ushijima thought Akaris feelings for him weren’t serious.

Ushijima began to walk away telling Tendou to hurry so they could get back to class after informing Shirabu about practice tomorrow. Tendou followed behind his olive haired best friend leaving Akari alone again. “I’ll do you like my homework, bang you on the table and do you all night Ushi baby.” She called out capturing the attention of many.

Ironically Akari wouldn’t stay up to do her homework however she would go and help Goshiki the night before the exams since he was a procrastinator and left revising till the last minute. Akari dramatically flipped her hair seeing as though people began to talk about her and how desperate she was to capture the captains attention while some boys made some disgusting comments about her which made her turn around showing a small gap between her thumb and fore-finger and she pointed towards their dick to indicate they were small.