15.

“So when is he coming

“So when is he coming.” Goshiki questioned Akari who handed the water bottles to the boy. Becoming attached to the team and being forced to pick up an extracurricular activity the following year she had become the volleyball teams manager. “This weekend hopefully.” She replied rolling her eyes at how her friend would still fan over her boyfriend every time he would come to town despite having his number and contact information.

“Who is coming?” one of the new first years asked the bowl-headed ace. “Ushijima Wakatoshi only one of the best players in the country. He also happens to be Akari-sans boyfriend.” He teased the girl who had slightly red cheeks by the mention of his name.

It was almost their one-year anniversary and her feelings of shyness over the man had increased, his gaze or the mention of his name could bring butterflies to her stomach. She missed him dearly and every time he visited the times apart were worth the wait.

The first years who also happened to be fans of Ushijima gushed over the fact that their manager was dating him and bombarded her with questions. She told them to focus on the new attack she had planned with Ushijima over facetime, threatening them he would be disappointed to see his plans come to a fail. This caused the boys to run back close to the net following the instructions she had previously given them.

Akari after becoming the manger of the team asked Ushijima for new ways of improvement over their nightly facetime sessions seeing that he was passionate about Volleyball and always would always be. It was one of the ways she could hear him talk non-stop not that she minded. She admired his passion and always would even when it meant the two would have less time to talk like the past month.

Ushijima had been practicing majority of the days after hearing a team wanted to scout and train him while he was still in Tokyo for college. Whenever he was free Akari was either busy with the team or preparing for upcoming final exams.

Their anniversary was to fall on Thursday but as they were both busy, they planned to celebrate that weekend where Ushijima would come and visit. Akari couldn’t wait to be back in his embrace inhaling his comforting scent and obviously have Goshiki accidently third wheeling by showing up to her house like he had forgotten the giant male would be there.

Akari had not so patiently waited for Friday evening to arrive. She made her way to the train station half an hour early waiting for her boyfriend to arrive. Goshiki had managed to tag along with Tendou who happened to be free that evening. When Goshiki saw the tall olive haired man walk through doors he shook Akari in excitement.

“Look look he is here!” He continued to shake Akari leaving her dizzy by the time her boyfriend made it beside her. He had heard the shouts of his former underclassman followed by seeing his girlfriend being shook in ways he was surprised her head was still attached to her neck.

Ushijima greeted the three who had taken their time out to pick him up. He gave Tendou one of the handshakes he had been taught, patting Goshiki on the shoulder and embracing his girlfriend after what seemed like years. “I missed you,” he whispered in her ears. She nodded in agreement holding onto him by the torso not wanting the moment to end.

Tendou took the bags off his best friend and placed them in the back of his car. He forced Goshiki to sit in the passenger seat allowing the couple to have a moment alone. Tendou’s plan had silently failed as the bowl headed boy had turned around talking to Ushijima. Akari scoffed but maintained her jealousy the second her boyfriend opened his hand to hold hers.

Akari wore the dress she had bought recently and had shown to Ushijima over facetime. She specifically remembers seeing a small hue of redness appear on his cheeks as he requested for her to wear it when he came to town again. The dress was nothing extravagant or extreme, it was yellow with cute flowers covering it, it passed down her knees covering three thirds of her legs, the only sexy thing about it was the slight low V-neck it had exposing her chest a little.

He picked her up informing her father that she would be returned safely at night. Though he had not had the usual parent-boyfriend meetings mainly due to the fact that Akari’s father was petrified by the tall athlete, Ushijima knew how to reassure a father the safety of their daughter after reading relationship books gifted by Tendou.  “You look beautiful.” The simple compliment followed by a peck on the lips was enough to make Akari flush red with a shy giggle.

Ushijima took Akari to the restaurant where they had their first date. The two talked whilst enjoying the food. As they waited for dessert Akari narrated the time on how she had been hit in the face by a volleyball whilst helping one of the first years.

“You weren’t there to save me this time my knight in buff armour.” She recalled the words she had first said to him. Copying her actions from their first meeting, she gave him a flirty smile and cupped her cheeks adoring the man she was with. Ushijima let out a small chuckle seeing she hadn’t change as she continued to flirt with him as though she was still trying to capture his attention. Her hobby was still to say cheesy lines to Ushijima Wakatoshi.

This book has officially come to an end. I had alot of fun writing this I hope you enjoyed it!
Till next time ;)
-Thirstaex_x