04.

(Keefe)

Sophie and I arrive at Everglen, ready to work with Biana and Dex. But when we step out of the beam of light, Dex seems to be talking very angrily with the Forklenator. 

"Not sure what that's about, but I sure do want to." I say, feeling myself start to smirk.

Sophie smacks my arm, trying to hold in her curiosity.

"Keefe, we have a mission  to attend to right now. Like, Forkle's actually letting us do something, let's not mess it up. We can just ask Biana what Dex is so upset about." She replies. 

Why's she always gotta be so logical? It's messing with my vibe.

I don't push the issue and we walk towards Biana's room. I open the door and fall dramatically before looking up, Biana and Tam are both blushing like idiots.  I think I know why Dex is so upset now.

{Tam}

Funkyhair. Of course he has to walk in now. Why does he always have to have such bad timing?

Wait- I realize seeing Keefe is a good thing. 

"You woke up!" I blurt out, suddenly.

"Uh yeah, did Forkle not tell you in your update?" He asks, confused.

"I mean maybe, but after I found out about the assignment I got sidetracked... planning for the work we have to do." I say realizing my slip up a second too late.

"Sure Bangs Boy, sure..."

He definitely knows.

(Keefe)

We plan everything out and smooth over the bumps in the road. Everything's going great and we're all just kinda laughing and joking around.

Then Fitz walks in. Yep... oh no. 

"Hey... Sophie, hey everyone." He says, why did he single out Foster like that?

Sophie noticeably stiffens. I feel her fear- wait fear? Through the air. I move ever so slightly to stand in front of Sophie. She notices and a bit of her fear settles.

"Hey Lord of the Snuggles!" I say, trying to lighten the mood.

He sighs and looks over at me.

"Want to join our game? We're playing this human game called wink murderer! It's really fun, I keep winking at Tam when I'm not the murderer to mess with him, wanna help?" 

"Keefe, now's not the time for your ridiculous joking. We have real things to talk about and things that are actually important for the future of the lost cities." He says.

" 'talk about things that are actually important to the lost cities' Oh get over yourself, do you realize how stuck up that is? Your idea of important is finding my biological father and me telling you my mother, it's not going to happen! STOP IT." Sophie shouts, storming out. 

"What the heck Fitz!? That's all you ask her when you talk?!" I ask. 

"Excuse me for not wanting to face the scorn of a bad match!" 

"You aren't even together anymore!!" 

"Oh and how do you know that? It's not like your her boyfriend! You haven't even been awake for the past two weeks!" 

"She's not ready for a romantic relationship yet and I'm willing to wait until she is before telling her!" 

"So even if you never find out her parents and become a bad match you'd stay with her? I doubt that." 

"OF COURSE I WOULD!! Only you wouldn't." 

Biana runs out of the room to find Sophie and Tam just stands there awkwardly.

After two minutes of heated argument Sophie comes in with Biana. Tam steps over to them and whispers to Biana what I can only assume is a recap of what just happened.

"Fitzroy, leave." Sophie says clearly. 

"Two things, don't call me Fitzroy and, it's my house."

"And my room" Biana jumps in, "so leave. I wont ask you again."

A/N told you Fitzy Poo would be a jerk. Not yet sure how many chapters there will be, but I'm hoping to actually have a pretty normal length book. Thanks so much for reading. Oh and! I want to give a special shoutout to Emmie_SkyHeart, thanks so much for reading! You're the best!