10

Biana's POV

"Biana, truth or dare?" Linh asks me.

Well... it's just Linh, both her truths and her dares are going to be mild sooo... 

"Dare" I say. 

Based on the way she smirked, I'm dead, I totally misjudged her.

"I dare you to let Sophie give you a makeover."

Or, maybe not? I mean, Sophie giving me a makeover wasn't exactly on my bucket list, but this isn't so bad. 

"Why am I involved in this I don't want to give Bia a makeover either," Sophie groans. 

"Well that sounds like a YOU problem Foster."

"Shut up Keefe."

"Yes ma'am."

Linh gives us a look as if to say go on. So Sophie begrudgingly grabs my hand and we walk up to my room and over to the washroom and closet. We shut the door and she looks around at the makeup and beauty products, clearly overwhelmed.

"How do I do this?" She looks more upset than dreading this. 

"You okay Soph?" I don't want to pry. 

"Yeah I'm fine, I just.. I wish I was good at this sometimes, like usually yes I'm dreading it but sometimes I just don't like it because I don't know what's going on. It's not a big deal but because of that I hate it."

"That's fair, don't worry about it Soph. I feel the same way when I see you doing all your fancy mental skills, we all have things we aren't good at and it's whatever."

"Yeah of course."

We share a smile and look back to all the products on the counter. 

"How about I walk you through this?" 

Within fifteen minutes Sophie has braided my hair all cute and somehow managed to give me even eyeliner. She grabs a white dress that cinches ever so slightly at the waist and flows down to just below the knees and the makeover is done.

"You actually did a really great job Soph." 

"The tone of surprise offends me." She mocks being hurt. 

"In my defence, you are incompetent when it comes to this sort of thing."

"How dare you?" 

We walk back down to the sitting room and everyone is surprised to see how good I look. Marella accuses me of having done my own makeover and Keefe is upset to not see me looking like a mess after his own disasters of truth or dare. That's when Fitz walks down. 

We're all in conversation and laughing about Sophie's mediocre skills before Tam notices and looks up to the doorway. The room quiets down and while some people smile and nod at him, others look away uncomfortably.

"Hey Fitz." It's Sophie. 

"Hi, Mom wanted me to check in and make sure everything's okay?" He hesitates.

"Yeah we're all good, thanks Fitz." I say. 

He makes eye contact with me and I give him a half smile, which he doesn't return. The room is really awkward now. No one particularly hates him, he has problems that he needs to deal with but you can't blame him. He's just, distant.

"Alright, I'll let Mom know you're all alive." 

The joke is weak, but I muster up a smile. With that he nods and walks away. Honestly I feel really bad for him. 

"I don't particularly think we should keep playing, how about we talk for a bit instead?" Linh breaks the minute's silence after Fitz left. 

"Yeah.." 

+++

A/N Hi guys! So it's taken me forever to continue editing this story just out of like embarrassment that my friends found this and like I've been really lacking motivation to write, but it's finally here. 

I've been trying to take suggestions from readers, so that's why Fitz is a bit different in the edited story and the plot varies a little bit. I hope you enjoy and I'll try to be more consistent with this now. 

Love u all <333