8

A/N Thank you so much for 380 reads! I can't believe how my story is growing! Grady will finally be in this chapter, Keefe- um, watch out. 

Tam's Pov

There is no way she just said that. Yep, I'm imagining her saying it. It's not real. I know that it's no illusion. I just can't bring myself to believe that she knew what she was saying, I mean, she was passed out half an hour ago. I don't want her regretting it.

As much as I want to pretend it doesn't matter I'm a Shade, or used to be a Wayward, it doesn't matter I was part of the Neverseen and it doesn't matter how much she lived through, but it does. I know it does and I know she knows it does, we can't ignore our history, or how different our lives are and will always be.

But, I can still hope.

Biana's POV 

So, that didn't go exactly as I had hoped. But, he did say he liked me, so I guess that's a win? 

I quickly check in with Elwin making sure I can leave. 

"Just be careful, and come back in a few days so I can check you over."

"Stop being so dramatic I fainted at the sight of my own blood."

"Something that's never made you faint before. I think Vespera might have more to do with this than I thought." His smile fades.

"Yeah yeah, thanks Elwin."

He smiles at me, giving me the tiny bit of reassurance 

I light leap to Havenfield. 

"FOSTER OPEN UP!" I shout while knocking. 

"Hello Biana!" Says Edaline, laughing. 

"Hi Edaline!" I reply, ever so slightly embarrassed.

"Go on upstairs! Just avoid Grady's office especially. Keefe and Grady are having a little chat-." She says. 

I actually facepalm. Edaline laughs. This is so not going to end well for the Keefster.

"I know. Let's hope he makes it out alive." I walk carefully upstairs. 

Keefe's POV

"You were alone with Sophie in her bedroom? Without my knowledge?" Grady asks. 

He's been threatening me and bombarding me with questions for the last half hour. All because he didn't know I was with Sophie. For the record, Edaline knew, just didn't bother to tell him because again IT'S NOT A BIG DEAL.

"Yes sir." I say. 

This is never ending.

"And you think I'm going to let that slide?" He asks. 

"No sir." 

"Then why did you do it? Did Sandor know?" He asks. 

"Of course he did, we were working on an assignment." 

"And you think that's an excuse to sit right next to her?" 

I don't know why it's such a big deal, honestly.

"No sir." 

"You know what, just go, I understand the stakes and tension in our world. But if I see you acting too flirty with Sophie, I will personally oversee that Ro gives you the most.. creative of her punishments." He says this with a serious face, but I can see he's on the verge of breaking out into laughter.

I nod and walk out up towards Sophie's room. I can literally feel his eyes burning into the back of my head, but also the faint wheezing of him trying to silently laugh.