24

JADE'S POV

I woke up lying on Vinnie's chest, he was still sleeping. I rolled over and grabbed my phone. It was 3:20 AM. I heard some voices coming from outside so I stepped out of the tent. The fire was still going, I could see four people sitting on the benches.

"Jade!" Avani gasped and everyone looked at me. Apart from her, there were Aaron, Kio, and Chloe.

"Hey babe, you okay?" Chloe asked and I sat on her lap.

"Yeah, I'm good," I smiled at her and looked around. "Where's everyone?"

Avani sighed. "Ant fell asleep like an hour ago. Jaden went to sleep right after you and Vinnie. We basically made him leave. He's a fucking asshole." I nodded.

"And where's Angie? And Troy?" I wondered. I immediately noticed their weird faces. Something was wrong.

"Well..." Avani started slowly. "They're in a tent together."

"What?" I yelped. "He can't be fucking serious!"

"I'm sorry. You know Angie. She was embarrassed after the Jaden situation. She felt really bad. So she was talking to Troy and then he went to sleep and she went after him," Chloe said and hugged me. I sighed.

"And you know Troy. He can't keep it in his pants," Avani remarked and gave me a sad smile.

"That's true," Kio agreed. I ruffled my hair. They're right.

And I was stupid for trusting him.

"Let's go for a walk, sugar," Aaron suggested and I frowned at him.

"It's dark as hell."

"And?" he chuckled and stood up. I rolled my eyes at him and followed him. When we were sure that no one will hear us, he lied down on the grass.

"What the fuck?" I laughed and lied next to him. "So how's Chloe?"

"We don't talk about this," he muttered and I laughed again. "But let's talk about Troy."

"We don't talk about this," I repeated his words.

"Umm... the fuck bitch, yes we do."

"Shut up," I groaned. "I'm obviously a dumbass. What was I thinking? That he really cares about me? Bullshit. I don't believe a word he says from now on."

He sighed. "Look... You can't take it personally-"

"He told me that I'm important to him, that he doesn't wanna disappoint me, Aaron. How can I not take it personally?"

"Wait... he said that?" Aaron frowned. "That's weird."

"I guess." I couldn't shake the thought of Troy and Angie together. "Ugh, not them actually fucking. That's disgusting," I griped.

He laughed and shook his head. I wasn't really sure what was going on in Aaron's mind right now.

Well, not that I was ever sure about that. He's too damn hard to read.

"I hate to say this but... he really cares about you. I've known him for some time and he would never say things like that and not mean it."

"Well, obviously-"

"No, not obviously. Troy's a dick. He's a hoe. He's a player. Whatever. But he's careful with words and he only says stuff he truly means. Think about it. He wants everyone to think that he's a cold-hearted bastard. That he doesn't really care about anything. So when he says you're important to him, you're actually important to him. End of story."