Only You Can

~
You finally made your way into liyue it's so different now to how you remember. Everything was in pieces after the achon war. So much was lost but with that many things were gained. Walking through the streets of liyue it seemed like everyone was rushing about setting up stalls and crafting things. " is it always this busy here" u spoke to yourself whilst weaving yourself out of crowd people and into a quite ally.
" no it's not usually" turning to see the who the voice belong to there stood a tall slim man
" MORAX-" surprised you yelled, he cut you off " it's Zhongli now , it's good to see you y/n"

zhongli and y/n carry on there conversation somewhere a bit more private. His office at the funeral parlour. "So why do you not go by your original name anymore" nothing but curiosity in your voice "morax is gone now , nothing but a memory , I wish to live a more mortal life even though I cannot die I do not wish to control liyue forever we are in a time now where they can protect themselves" honesty and passion laced with his tone
"ah I see and if they need you?"
"They won't"
you smiled, his confidence in his people is refreshing. Zhongli hands you some tea that he had prepared.
"So y/n your probably wondering why I requested your services" he started, you hummed while taking a sip of your tea " well yes that question did come to mind" you smiled at him ready to listen to his reasoning for your venture all the way out here.
"Xiao" you raised an eyebrow unsure in who that was "xiao? I'm not sure I'm famil-"
"Alatus " he interrupted
"oh" you rested your facial expressions "what about him" you averted your gaze taking another sip of your tea , the geo archon sees he has peaked your interest and continues. " he has been under a contract for thousands from years and since the death of morax all contracts have been relieved but he still stays and fights in for liyue , in short terms, I want him to be free"
You choked on your tea , coughing slightly "and w-what has that got to do with me "
"well I believe your the only one who can help him. I mean you already did once.
the endless pain and suffering xiao goes through I'm afraid he will never stop seeing himself as nothing but a weapon and something to use , someone who's not worthy of freedom" the archon pauses to take a sip of his warm tea and throws you a knowing gaze.
" I want nothing but the best for alatus but I don't understand what you think I can do about it"
You placed your empty cup on the small coffee table in front of you and awaited a response from the other god.
" you and xiao once shared something, if I remember correctly you even asked him to leave with you after the archon war was over-"
"But he didn't" your quickly interrupted
"But he wanted to" Zhongli reassured
"Well that was a longtime ago Rex"