You haven't changed a bit

~
the sun was setting and soon enough the stars would appear in the sky ,you were sat on a cliff over looking liyue , legs dangling over the edge you took a breath thinking about the conversation u had with the geo archon a few hours ago and just over the past in general.
you never saw yourself returning to liyue and you may have reconsidered even coming if you knew the reason before hand. It's not that you didn't want to help. 'Can't he see how selfish his request is ' you thought, playing with some qingxin flowers subconsciously making it into a sort of crown. 'Doesn't he understand how much the whole ordeal hurt me' you took a deep breath placing the flower crown on the floor beside you, laying back on the grass raising a hand to your heart where you've felt an emptiness ever since you first left liyue. All the time you've been sat on the cliff you felt a presence from the forest behind , finally deciding to acknowledge it.
" you really need to learn how to say hello xiao" you spoke softy continuing to stare at the sky.
There was no response.
" well if your gonna stand there and stare at me the whole time you could at least grace me with the reason"
no response again , you knew there was only a couple ways to get him to speak. It took a moment to decide what approach to go with. Throwing yourself to sit up you began to tease him
"Aww did you come to give me a welcome back hug maybe a kis-" you heard something click there tongue. He appeared before
you looking down on the slightly smaller girl
he snarled "your so immature , you always have been" the yaksha crosses his arms giving a piercing gaze to the girl giggling before him
"Your still cute as ever " u sighed laying back down on the grass looking up at the stars once again.
the adepts didn't know what to do now he's shown himself, he just awkwardly stands there. Should he leave ? Ask the question he's been waiting to ask? What did Rex lapis ask of her?
how long did she intend to stay in liyue? and where?

the dark haired boy was soon snapped out of his thoughts seeing the girl was now stood up facing him startled he almost looks shocked for a second as she takes the flower crown placing on his head and brushing her hand from his hair to his cheek the adepts flinches and grabs her wrist but doesn't move her hand, the feeling he feels right now is something he hasn't felt in thousands of years whenever she touched him it's like all of his pain went away the voices in his head were quite it was pure euphoria he relaxes for a moment, one selfish moment before removing her hand and the crown causing the girl to only sigh and turn away from him.
"I guess that hasn't changed either" slowly walking away the boy spoke "what did you and Rex lapis speak about " he questioned even though that wasn't what he wanted to ask
"You" the (h/c) haired girl pauses "we spoke about you"

he froze and you turned to meet his gaze
~"when will you allow yourself freedom Alatus?"~

gaining his composure he comments "how absurd, you know that freedom is not an option I have" it angered and hurt you to see he hasn't changed. "You've always had the option and you know it...you just don't think you deserve it , your not under morax's contract anymore" laying back down on the floor you closed your eyes. "Your views of this world are so perplexed, after I have taken countless lives , contributed to eons of slaughter you think I a yaksha should be graced with something as pure as freedom"
you opened one eye and looked him up and down only to close it again and breathe in deeply " okay dude , your not the only one with blood on your hands"
Clicking his tongue "but I-" 
Still with you eyes closed you raise a hand slightly waving it cutting off his speech " buh buh buh buh, if your about to say anything like" you put on your best xiao impression "eons of slaughter and I'm the bad guy blah blah blah" opening your eyes you deadpan "then I'm not interested"  you closed your eyes for the final time turning to your side as you wanted to rest.
xiao just stood there , he had missed the way you weren't afraid to speak your mind to him even though he found it irritating.
"Your incompetence is outstanding...and your just going to sleep out in the open do you have no regard for your own life? and You do remember your an archon right  you don't need sleep" you groaned "quit your nagging already you old man!"
"If i remember correctly your older that me!" He snapped back.

~ due to there arguing they were both unable to sense the presence of the anemo and geo archons way within the forest watching the whole ordeal
venti giggles "there already back to there arguing like a married couple again" Zhongli smiles and starts to leave " I'm glad they will finally be blessed with the freedom they deserve." ~

xiao sighs and sits down on the grass next to you
turning to face is back about to question him he stopped you before you even started. " don't even make any remarks I'm simply keeping watch because your idiotic enough to rest in the middle of nowhere"
you smiled closing your eyes. Drifting to sleep.
~ ~