Leaving

~
you and xiao were out in the fields of jueyun karst the yaksha had cleared out some near by demons and you had appeared baring some news.

"What are you doing here" he questioned."shouldn't you be meeting with Rex lapis?"

"I've already met with him."

You both lay down on the grass moments of silence passed before you spoke.
" I need to go back to my nation"

the boys head quickly turned in your direction but you didn't face him.

" it will only be for a few months maybe a year...I didn't plan to spend so long here it's already been a couple months since morax requested my service"

"What could you possibly need to do there, isn't Natlan no longer in need of a archon?"

you sigh.
"there's just some business I need to take care of."

"What could possibly take you that long" the yaksha growled he hated the idea of you just leaving like that but then again he can't help but feel guilty for how you must've felt after the war.

"I would ask you to accompany me but I don't think you'd want-"

"I'll come"

You shot up and looked down at the boy.
"You what?"

He sat up and faced you.
" I said I'll come with you. I'm not under moraxs contract anymore and" he stirred for a second thinking about his word choice. "If anything we're to happen I want to be there to protect you, rather than you use your power and harm yourself."

you smiled gently at xiao."Only if your sure. I don't want you to feel responsible if something were to happen in liyue"

"There's other adepti and I guess the qixing...I mean it's not really my responsibility anymore."

shock was the only thing plastered on your face. You'd never expected xiao to say those things and from the past you had never once thought he would choose you over liyue.

xiao takes your hand in his.
"I want to make up for the thousands of years we were apart"

You place you hand on this cheek and he slowly leans into it.

"We do have all the time in the world after all."