detached

you walked into the ruins , and towards the huge ball of energy. you stood directly under it, reaching deep into your chest taking both your gnosis's out.
"I no longer wish to have a connection to the heavens...not when I'm alone." You clenched both the gnosis's tighter in your hand. "Not when I'm without you ." tears began welling up in your eyes at the thought of your passed sister. though it's been decades it still hurts the same as the day you found her lifeless form.

Suddenly you sensed a presence which was then followed by light footsteps.

"Family is the most important thing in the world." a ginger man walked in with a light smile.

Wiping your tears you turned and sneered at him.
"if you fatui wanted the gnosis that badly you didn't have to show me my dead sister...that's just low"

the man stopped, you can tell in his face he didn't agree with the actions of his coworker.
"that was la signora but she's currently busy with some business in inazuma so I've been sent to seek you and quite frankly that's not my style, the names tartaglia but you can just call me childe."

you turned your back to him, his presence was irritating.

"in the bigger picture it's not worth extracting your power , if you wish to lose your connection with the heavens well I'll happily take your gnosis's for you." the ginger smiled you could tell he was attempting to lighten your mood.

"How do you even know why I'm here." You looked at him suspiciously. he knew a lot.

"Let's just say someone has talked me to death about tayvats history." He said genuinely. Who could have told him about a place only specific gods knew of...morax maybe?

"I don't only want to disconnect from the heavens I no longer wish to have power" looking down at the ground you began wondering why your even conversing with him. He wouldn't understand.

"and where would that leave you? a Devine being who's no longer well devine
and what will you do then? how will you protect those you hold most dear?"

you suddenly stopped and realised how selfish you'd been , you didn't once think about the nation of people you swore to protect or xiao. You've been so caught up in your pain and burdens you didn't realise the problems you'd cause elsewhere.

"you didn't think of that no?" he took a seat on one of the rocks in the cave and continued. "a few weeks ago I got into a battle with a particularly interesting traveler and well I lost, reality hit me...maybe I wasn't as strong as I thought I was."

'particularly interesting traveler' you assumed this was the one who visited xiao at wangshu in your yet to be formally acquainted.

you took a seat next to the harbinger
"I have a question."
Childe looked at you motioning for you to ask away and you studied him for a second. Really trying to understand him.

"why would you try and help me, you could've waited and allowed me to extract my power and then strike when I was weak taking that and the gnosis's, with my power and your will you'd be snap your fingers and burn that traveler to ash."

Childe laughed " I don't like to cheat strength, it wouldn't feel right. For example my foul legacy yes it's manufactured by the fatui but the tool it takes on my body...I have to personally strengthen myself to handle it."

"I see..."

you look down at the chess like pieces in your hand and handed it over to him before you fully let go of it you spoke

"I want to confirm that natlan will have no direct attack from the fatui, of course we don't wish to be caught in the crossfire but collateral damage is collateral damage. I want nothing to do with what the cryo archon is planning."

you really wouldn't be able to bare seeing your nation fall again like it did back on the archon war.

"Her highness did ask me to formally apologise on her behalf for what signora did, she was truly distraught when she found out and she said she hopes that once she has seen through her goals you can both meet and have a meal like the old days." with that you dropped the gnosis's in his hands and stood making your way out of the cave you decided to walk back to the shrine.
you needed time to think.

An: heyy , remember when I said I was back a month ago talking about how I said I was back 2 months ago💀.....yeahhhh

sorry this is really short. I'm quite rusty as I haven't written in a while, So if there's spelling mistakes...unsee them😌
thank you for all of the comments you guys leave especially the ones telling me to take my time and stuff , it's really sweet <33

I've found it difficult to figure out where to take this story so honestly I'm just winging it anyways xiao and y/n content in the next chapter:)))))

(Raiden Shogun spoilers!!!!)
MIHOYO WHERES MY PAY CHECK BECAUSE THE WHOLE SISTER THING IS SOUNDING REALLY FAMILIAR....anyways I'll stay humble🙏😑.