I love you

~
xiaos heart was racing yet it felt completely dead at the same time. watching you walk away left him with a deep pain. worse then the usual pain from his karma. he just layed on the ground completely still, looking at the sky.  Trapped in a endless loop of voices. His head hurt.

'Your so worthless'
'You don't deserve her'
'she doesn't love you anymore'
'Pathetic'
'why didn't you say anything'
'Don't let her leave'
the last one is what broke through to him.
'Don't let her leave'

he got up immediately and looked around you weren't here. He doesn't know how long he was in that state but you couldn't have been that far down the path.

Xiao just began running. As fast as he could. trying to catch up to you.

but then he saw you.

you heard footsteps as you turned to see who it was. he crashed into you. Hugging you. both of you fell over in a grassy field. he was on top of you holding you so tightly.

"a-alatus-"

"I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry" he yelled into your neck you could feel a wetness on your shoulder from the tears In his eyes.

"I'm sorry. I should have never left you all that time ago. After the war I was scared that I would cause you harm. I thought you didn't deserve to be with someone disgusting like me"

you slowly lifted his face from your shoulder.
hands cupping his face you gave him the most gentle smile making him blush and look to the side, he didn't want you to see him cry.
"alatus..." you softly turnt his face back to look at you.

"No! You don't get it y/n! Im no good for you. I've killed so many I- I-"

Brushing his tears with your thumb

"If you believe that's true then why did you run after me? Why are you here.....we all have blood on our hands."

he looked down at you. You were truly beautiful. The title of a goddess suited you well.

"I'm here because I-...I-"

he'd never really said how he felt and you didn't expect him to now-

"I love you!"

you froze. Hands falling from his face. Those three words are the words you never thought he would say to you. Ever.
it's not that you expected him too. you understood that he couldn't make much of emotions.

tears begin falling from your eyes.

"Y/n?...I'm sorry. That's probably the last thing you want to hear." he begins to get off of you.
"Sorry-"

you grab his hand pull him back down, rolling over so your on top of him. You Leaned down and kissed him.

parting for air you smiled.

" I love you too ".