8.

The stranger awoke from his horrid nightmare with a startle.

"It's okay, rest. Get some sleep", said Furiosa who was next to him driving.

The stranger relaxed but looked around the truck for Q, he panicked a little when he didn't see her. He didn't know what came over him but he felt something special when it came to her. Furiosa noticed he was looking worried.

"She is in the top cart, she's fine"

He relaxed a little bit into the seat, knowing she was okay.

"Why do you call her Q?", he finally asked.  Furiosa raised an eyebrow at him, not knowing why he would ask but she answered him anyway.

"She hasn't used her real name since she was taken, I never heard it. They gave her that name because she's quick. She's fast, strong, smart ... and non hesitant to kill someone and do the right thing" Furiosa warned him, still looking into the desert.

There was a pause until she turned to him and said, "I still don't know why she let you come with us"

The stranger looked at her and considered her words. He didn't know either.

At the back of the truck on the top cart, Q was sitting under the top looking out in the distance.

She thought to when she was taken to Citadel. How they ripped her out from her mother's grasp, how she struggled against their hold.

When she fought against three war boys and even killed one with a knife. When she smelled her burning skin on her hand. They told her it was what she received for killing one of her members.

When they "promoted" her to be Furiosa's  accomplice and second hand driver. When her new life began.

They better get to the green place soon, she thought.