Chapter 2

*  Kathleen *

Bella and I drove down the curvey roads leading to the small town in the middle of nowhere called Forks .

"Edward is my boyfriend . We met when I first moved here . He's got adopted siblings : Rosalie , Emmett , Alice , and Jasper . His mother is a stay at home mom and his father is the doctor at the local  hospital . He was curious to meet you . Sorry it's a little late . " she said , looking at the clock in her truck.

I was actually surprised the clock would even work . 

" Alright . " I said , shifting my wieght in the car , not knowing what else to say . 

" So what's it like on the East Coast ? " she asked , trying to make conversation .

I shrugged . 
" We have the best seafood and I don't think I'd trade Rosedale for anything . I don't mind the snow or anything . Fall is nice . All of the leaves change . Just like in a movie. "

She smiled.
" Sounds .... great . "

I nodded .
" Mmmhmm . "

  " What do you like to do ? " she asked . 

" I uh ... the beach . I like to go to the beach . Rahobeth Beach is my favorite place in the world . "

" We have a beach here . La Push . We could go tomarrow if you wanted . "she offered . 
" Sure . " I said, hoping she'd leave me alone for a little while .

" It's nice to finally meet you . Wonder what my uncle's like . " she said , refferring to my father .

" You weren't missing much . " I muttered under my breath as I looked down at my grey sweater , skinny jeans and converse .

 A few moments later , we pulled up at a really exspensive house . So exspensive that I nearly choked on my own spit . Bella laughed and parked her car , grabbing my hand and leading me to the front door . I awkwardly followed her and ran a hand through my straight dark hair , different from Bella's lose waves , but about the same color . She didn't knock , she just walked in . 

" Knocking. Knocking would be good . " I muttered, waiting across the threshold of the door , not wanting to be rude . 

" Kathleen , come on . "Bella said. 

I shook my head. 
" I'm not just barging into someone's ----- " I was cut off  by some elegant people walking into the room . 
" Bella , who's your friend and why isn't she inside out of the night air ? " said the woman who I asumed to be Edward's mother .
" Yeah. We don't bite . " the biggest one with dark hair smirked .

 I looked down at the ground and stepped into the house , shutting the door behind me . I looked back up and when I saw them , I realized why we expanded West . 

" Edward , this is my cousin , Kathleen  . Kathy , this is Edward , my boyfriend and his family , Emmett , Rosalie , Alice , Jasper , Esme and Carlisle . " she said looking over at me . 

I sheepishly waved and Emmett chuckled . 
" A mini Bella . "

 " It's a pleasure to meet you . " Jasper said , chuckling at Emmett's comment .

Alice skipped forward and hugged me . 
" HI ! We're going to be great friends ! I also think you'd get along nicely with Rosalie . Good friends . " she said as if she knew it was a fact .

I cleared my throat and gave a small smile .
" Coolio . "

" You're really very beautiful , dear . " Esme said sweetly .

I smiled at her and self coincessly ran a hand through my hair .

" Thank you . "

" So , you're Bella's cousin I've heard so much about . She's been rather excited to meet you . " Edward said .

" I have been .... excited to meet everyone here as well . My mom talks about my uncle and Bella so fondly . " I replied with a shrug .

Bella smiled . 
" Kathy is from Rosedale , Maryland. "

" That's all the way on the other side of the country . " Carlisle smiled .

I laughed . 

" Well I didn't walk . I don't think a pair of comfy shoes could've even convinced me . " 

Everyone laughed and I looked down at my phone that was beeping. 
" Sorry . " I replied , looing down at my mom's text .

I quickly text her back and then slid my phone in my pocket again .

" Mothers . " I muttered , rolling my eyes .

"  You should come by tomarrow or something . " Rosalie said and everyone looked at her surprised as she shrugged .

" That would be nice . I should probably check on Danica though . We were sitting in front of a screaming toddler and she had a headache ." I said , shaking my head .

Bella laughed and waved as we said goodbye to the Cullens and were once again in Bella's truck . 
" Wierd .... " she muttered.

" What? " I asked .
" Rose doesn't like anyone . " she said .

I shrugged and then I looked down at my phone in my lap .
" I actually was supposed to meet my friend tomarrow and I was hoping you would go with me .... " she said .

I laughed .
" Why don't we just divide up the day ? " I asked as if it was obvious .,
" Hmm .... that could work . " Bella laughed .