Silence and frustration.

Back at headquarters:

"I mean why would she?" Tony asked as he spun one more time around In his office chair. "It's not like she hated it here."

Bishop looked at him, sensing his pain. "You were close?" She asked. unsure of their relationship. minor details of her predecessors had only come up once and again, and mainly they had talked about Ziva. Thinking now, bishop really had no idea what agent Todd had been like. She must had been very important to the team though as tony, Gibbs and McGee had been distracted since the incident and even abby had locked herself in her lab, with only Bert for company.

"Very." Tonys sharp voice snapped bishops attention.

"Are you sure it was even her? I mean it could have been someone else!" She stated. Her reassuring tone having no effect on his expression.

suddenly appearing down the stairs from MTAC was Gibbs. His professor type blazer jumping as he flounced down each step. "It was her." He exclaimed As he turned to go down the next flight.

"How do you know?" Bishop asked. Already guessing his response and regretting asking it.

"My gut!" He repeated those words again. finally he got to his desk. Gibbs frustration finally took over as he started slamming his desk draws open and closed. It was only when Ducky appeared, still in his autopsy scrubs, did he slow.

"Jethro..." Ducky said concerned for his behaviour. "She had no choice." He was clearly trying to get Gibbs to be understanding. Only saying enough to try and calm the situation. Gibbs stopped still. only when Ducky walked closer did he continue his desk hunt.

"We all have a choice Ducky... she chose wrong." Gibbs uttered. Anguish clear in his voice. Having never met agent todd, Bishop saw the situation from the outside. She was a bystander. observing. It was clear just how much agent Todd had meant to them all and how much hurt and grief she had left behind. She couldn't help but wonder that if something ever happened to her, would they miss her as much?

As the day wore on the tension remained in the office, very little was spoken and no one was making eye contact. It seemed alien. Bishop felt so alone. She wanted to help them but a code of silence had settled over the matter and even the mention of the name 'Kate' brought glares from her co workers. Bishop rose from her desk, her jeans rubbing her skin as she moved for the first time in hours. Neither Tony, McGee or Gibbs lifted their heads to acknowledge her movement. As she left the ball pen, no one else even moved a muscle. They all sat there, solemn looks on their faces, eyes glued to their computer screens. heading down to autopsy, bishop relaxed more. Every move she made was no longer breaking the tension in the air, she fitted in with the rest of the workers.

cold breeze from the sliding autopsy doors cooled her warm clammy skin as she turned to see ducky sitting at his desk. Ducky had seen the least hostile towards the situation, if anyone was going to explain to her the full story, it would be him. "Ducky?" She said, just checking he'd marked her entrance. She got nothing but silence. "Hello, Ducky?" Bishop repeated louder. This time she got a deep reply. "Ahh bishop. Your not here to criticise Caitlin's decision as well are you?" He said, She Sensed the rhetorical questioning tone in his voice, maybe coming down here wasn't such a good idea. "Yeah, no ducky. I was just.... " she was cut off by his response "looking for answers my dear?" Unsure of how to reply, all she could manage was a simple nod. "I can only tell you what you've already guessed, she faked her death and lied to them. Anything else after that, well... you'll have to ask Caitlin herself." Ducky's tone softened when he Spoke now. She saw when he was speaking about Kate he didn't have an expression of pain or betrayal like tony or Gibbs, He had an expression of Relief. " you knew didn't you?" She asked. Without words she had an answer His face said it all. His next words however came sharp "She did it to protect them, if only they saw it that way, They would understand." He leaned back into his chair. Bishop had only ever seen the polite, gentleman side of Ducky before. The raw emotions spreading across his face made him seem vulnerable and frail, she didn't like seeing him like this. With nothing more to say she exited. Hastily she walked towards the elevator doors stopping momentarily to look at Ducky who was still seated at his desk, eyes glued down towards a piece of paper.