Coffee addict.

As the sunlight shone through, I opened my tired eyes. I noticed the weight of Tonys head pressing against my sore skull. After last night, He hadn't left and had instead fallen asleep resting against me. Tonys face looked peaceful. His Eyes no longer showing pain, worry or betrayal but instead happiness and joy. Just like a baby. Part of me didn't want to leave this fantasy.

grunting, I Finally moved my head away from under his. As I moved I fully felt the ache of the bullet wound. With everything that had gone on i had tried to put it to the back of my mind, the pain just lingering in the background, numbing my body. but this sharp stab at my shoulder was evidence i was still weak and injured. Quietly, I flicked his nose with the tip of my finger, Jolting him awake. It took him a few seconds to realise it was only me. "Kate!? What the hell?! " he shouted. His Eyes open wide like a cartoon character. Laughter exploded from my mouth before I could stop it and before long tony was grinning too. My mind felt transported back to the old days when this would just be a normal part of my life, a daily occurrence. I had wished for so long to live that life again it seemed almost surreal. My happy recollection however was cut off by tony "I'll get you back you know!" He shouted, as he disappeared into the kitchen next door. Stretching my aching muscles I rose from the couch before slumping back down again. Somehow this didn't seem real. One day I was trying to forget, then the next I'm reliving the past. Part of me was just waiting for something to give.

Before I could contemplate Anymore, Gibbs came storming out of one of the master bedrooms, obviously woken by Tony and I. I looked down at my feet, hiding my face from the shame of having woken him up. "When you two have finished playing sleepovers can we sort this thing out?" He said smugly. Tone dripping with sarcasm. If I didn't know Gibbs I would have perceived him as being pissed but I knew really he was only mildly irritated.

"And DiNozzo..." He snapped, his voice slicing the morning air "coffee!".

Gibbs eyes pinned on me as he spoke. As expected Gibbs wanted coffee, he was unbearable without it. He needed the substance to survive, he was addicted.

"On it boss." Tony shouted from the Kitchen as he headed out the door. His reply becoming more like a catchphrase than a response. I sat still, watching them. Ten years had passed but they hadn't changed a bit. Still the same sayings, likes, dislikes. Everything that made them, them back then still there. What was I expecting?

An hour had passed since tony had left. The coffee shop was only across the street, all he was ordering was a simple coffee. What was taking so long? Knowing DiNozzo he would probably be chatting up some women who was unfortunate to bump into him today, but whilst getting gibbs coffee, Was he really that dumb? Pacing up and down the hall gibbs walked past me more times than I cared to count. His black shoes squeaking against the wooden boards. The sound echoed round the room, sending a shiver up my already tense spine. Another twenty minutes passed. Still nothing. With every second that past Gibbs got more impatient. Eyes twitching to the door at every noise. I too felt his tension as well as my own. After reading about the possible threats these people held, many scenarios ran through my head. Ones of tony being kidnaped, tortured... even killed... I knew I was loosing control but the worry had infected my brain like a virus. The disease Turing any reasonable part of my mind into a concoction of fret and panic. Until tony came through that door, safe, I would continue to worry. I had a feeling Gibbs would too.

Finally I let my concern take over. I couldn't take it any longer. We were wasting time if something had happened to him. I had to go see for myself. "Gibbs... I have to go" I started. His eyes still staring at the door as I spoke. "What if he's hurt.... Or worse..." I continued, again Gibbs, watched. Eyes locked onto the brown wooden door. Nothing I said would get through. Pulling on my black flat shoes again, I continued to leave. Gibbs still not moving. Brushing the cold brass metal of the door knob my delicate fingers stung. Still sore from the cuts and grazes that hadn't healed yet. Before I could fully turn the knob, Gibbs finally spoke. "No kate. I'll go." He stuttered, as he grabbed his coat to leave. "You're the one they want, you stay." I'm the one they want? What if tony was compromised and they already had him, Gibbs would need backup! Again I could feel the worry infecting my mind. I needed Gibbs to let me do this even if it was just to keep myself from breaking apart with anxiety. There was no getting through to him though. It was always Gibbs way or no way. It was probably the reason he's been married three times.

Luckily his way mostly worked out, but what if this was one of the times when it didn't. What if something happened to tony, or worse them both. I knew I was overthinking it. Hyperventilating breaths exploding from my chest giving a clear sign of my concerns. I used to be calm around situations like this. They were just a part of daily life, but five years behind the desk of a police station and I was once again freaking out. I needed tony to be safe. Because if he wasn't I would never forgive myself...

I'm sorry for any grammar mistakes in this chapter I'm also aware that part of it might not make sense! (I'm not sure though I wrote it at night!)